Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help needed. Major issues with repair.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just took pics of the gap/alignment in regards to the rear hatch. I sent an email to the shop -- just to see if we can work this out. I am requesting a rental car if I do decide to bring the car back to this shop. I do not think this is in any way unreasonable, since these issues are of no fault of mine.

I sent the shop this email:
I am investigating what option I want to pursue next. Please respond with comments to each concern and this will assist in the determination of how I want to proceed next.

Here are my issues in order of concern:

1. Gaping issues on RQP/Door
DSC_0123.JPG
2. Front bumper disconnecting
DSC_0120.JPG

3. Hatch gaping is significantly bigger on one side.

4. Whatever this is -- mylar/stoneguard -- it is peeling of
DSC_0102.JPG

5. Honestly the least of my concerns -Front stoneguard -My insurance confirmed this damage was not noted on the estimate. I also reviewed it -- and confirmed such... So not sure why there is so much conflict over this issue.

I received this email Daniel:

I was forwarded your email from the receptionist as Linda is out of town for the remainder of the week. From what we can tell there is a few issues that need addressed. I wanted to see if we can set up a time where you can drop the vehicle off here and we can take a look and come up with a plan for repair. Let me know what works for you.

And sent back this:
If I decide to bring the vehicle back into the shop -- I will be expecting a rental car to be provided from the drop off time until the repair is completed, as this additional repair is of no fault of mine. I do not want any rental car discount -- I want the entire thing covered.

Please let me know if you are agreeable to such and we can proceed from there.

Attachments

• DSC_0126.JPG
    DSC_0126.JPG
    198.3 KB · Views: 57
  • DSC_0127.JPG
    DSC_0127.JPG
    159.3 KB · Views: 42
I received this email Daniel:
I was forwarded your email from the receptionist as Linda is out of town for the remainder of the week. From what we can tell there is a few issues that need addressed. I wanted to see if we can set up a time where you can drop the vehicle off here and we can take a look and come up with a plan for repair. Let me know what works for you.

And sent back this:
If I decide to bring the vehicle back into the shop -- I will be expecting a rental car to be provided from the drop off time until the repair is completed, as this additional repair is of no fault of mine. I do not want any rental car discount -- I want the entire thing covered.

Please let me know if you are agreeable to such and we can proceed from there.

It has been > 4 weeks. Hopefully all is back to normal by now?

It has been > 4 weeks. Hopefully all is back to normal by now?
Yep!! It took them 3 days to fix everything -- and the car was constantly moving around on the app, so they were really working on it. I think they really realized they did wrong and they did provide a rental as requested. The only thing that isn't "completely" normal is the front bumper panel. They reconnected it but its slightly less flush then before -- but not enough to make me ever want to return back to that place.

Since then I've done a few road trips requiring supercharging -- man those are awesome! I hope to see more around WA state :).

Glad to see your situation is resolved favorably. Since I haven't found it yet, and it appears that quality body shop work is in limited supply -- I wonder if we can get the Forum owners to create a topic thread just for body repairs. Consolidating experience with body shops and rewarding the best shops would be to everyone's benefit. Coments?

Glad to see your situation is resolved favorably. Since I haven't found it yet, and it appears that quality body shop work is in limited supply -- I wonder if we can get the Forum owners to create a topic thread just for body repairs. Consolidating experience with body shops and rewarding the best shops would be to everyone's benefit. Coments?
I agree. It would be a nice thing to have all the information pertaining to such in one place!