Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help needed! New car not assigned yet?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all, hoping somebody can help. We've just had our model Y delivered (was originally due yesterday) but I can't get it to charge with our tesla wall charger. Just a solid blue light. Also, the tesla app hasn't changed in any way yet. It's still asking me to manage my account in the browser. Should tesla have assigned the car to me or something to get my app to work with the car (eg open doors, sort temperature, schedule charging etc.) Or is this something I can do?
We can't get through to tesla. Still on hold to them now.

Hi all, hoping somebody can help. We've just had our model Y delivered (was originally due yesterday) but I can't get it to charge with our tesla wall charger. Just a solid blue light. Also, the tesla app hasn't changed in any way yet. It's still asking me to manage my account in the browser. Should tesla have assigned the car to me or something to get my app to work with the car (eg open doors, sort temperature, schedule charging etc.) Or is this something I can do?
We can't get through to tesla. Still on hold to them now.
It can take 24hrs for the app to kick in, especially if it's a lease.

It just gave us a button saying 'start charging' but that didn't do anything. I've put the granny charger on now and that seems to be working. Finally through to tesla now. They say the car hasn't been marked as delivered so they're looking into that and are trying to work out why the wall charger isn't working.