Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help Needed to Exit "Dynotest" Mode on my Plaid

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

jebinc

Jun 19, 2019
Seattle area
Help Needed! I got into the DynoTest mode to check my pack size and stats on my new Plaid, but I can't get out of the mode. Running 2021.32.5... Entered "Dynotest" mode per the following;
  1. Go to Car - Software - Hold down Trim
  2. Type in ‘dynotest’
Things I tried in order to get out of this mode, include;

1. First, I tapped the "Exit diagnostic mode" radio buttom, top center, Nothing
2. Swiped the window down and away; it disappeared, but the "DynoMode" RED across the screens still remains, as do the alerts
3. Scroll wheel reboot; still in Dyno Mode afterwards
4. Turned power off in the Safety/security screen; still in DynoMode afterward
5. Left the car, closed door, let it lock, then reentered with key; still in DynoMode afterward
6. Now waiting to see if having it go to sleep will do the trick.
7. Note: Can can not find a way to get back to the tabbed window that first came up when I entered "Dynotest" at the start.... Is there a way?

In the meantime, I reach out to the community

I feel like such a Dolt!

Update:

For prosperities sake, the fix ( per @teknoprep ) is as follows:

Exit service mode (#1in OP)
Restart car; meaning "put it in gear"
Exit car (and let it lock itself)
Enter car
Go for a drive (but first make sure you have power above 15 mpg)

Note: If you are Power limited (to 15 mph), the fix is to Park, exit car, put in gear. There's actually an Alert that tells you to do this!

@WilliamG

I was able to get back in after a couple days. Got in, took pics, now I cannot get back in. 🤷🏻‍♂️

I had the same thing. I was able to get back in a second time just fine. But trying to get back in a third time is a no-go so far. Right now, as @Muzzman1 knows, my car is being left to sleep to try and balance cells (I predict a 1% chance of this working), - I can't test it again in the meantime, but it wouldn't surprise me if entering Dyno Mode is limited to once per time period, for whatever reason...

Reactions: jebinc