Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help needed with Elvi charger

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

pdk42

Jul 17, 2019
Leamington
So, after a month of my installer trying and failing to get a Rolec charger working, today they swapped it for an Elvi. Trouble is, that's not working either. Anyone out there with one?

The problem is that when I try to add the charger to my account using the "Hey" app or website, the page that asks for the station ID complains that it's not a valid ID. I'm 100% sure that it's the correct ID since it is printed both on the rear of the device and also on a label that's stuck onto the "welcome" card that came with it. The ID is also being advertised as a Bluetooth device too.

However, on a deeper level, I'm totally lost as to how it all works anyhow. The charger is supposed to connect via WiFi, but I can't see anything in the instructions or on-line regarding setting an SSID or a password. Do you need an open network? In which case, does it need a specific SSID?

Help!

Last edited:
I am getting the same charger. My installer has getting it connected on there statement of works. I would ask the installer to make sure it all connected
Well, I'm not paying until it's working, so I don't really care what's in their statement of work :)

Seriously getting p1ssed with this now! Why are these smart chargers so crap at connectivity?

As a stop gap I've ordered a UMC to commando adapter and will pickup a commando socket at Screwfix tomorrow and wire it in myself.

Last edited:
Well, I'm not paying until it's working, so I don't really care what's in their statement of work :)

Seriously getting p1ssed with this now! Why are these smart chargers so crap at connectivity?

As a stop gap I've ordered a UMC to commando adapter and will pickup a commando socket at Screwfix tomorrow and wire it in myself.

Agreed. They should make sure it's all paired before they leave!

Who did you use to install out of interest?