Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help needed with large phone and wireless charging

xdms

Nov 4, 2018
los angeles
Hello!

I am picking up my LR Model 3 this coming Friday (YAY!:)) and looking at some needed accessories before purchase.

From what I am reading the top 3 options are (a) Jeda, (b) TAPTES, and (c) Nomad.

My concern is my cell phone is fairly large (LG V60 ThinQ Dual Screen). The phone dimensions are 6.93" (H) x 3.39" (W) x 0.59" (D), 4.73 oz

I have found info on TAPTES and the maximum length it will carry is 6.7 inches.

Anyone have experience with the others as far as large phones? Any other options?

I did try the search function and there are a lot of reviews and experience on the 3 above, but not a lot regarding size.

Thank you in advance!

yerEVan

Black X Plaid/White Int/CF/6/OD:9/23/21/EDD April
Dec 29, 2018
Near Philly
I have a nomad with an iPhone 12 Pro Max with a thin case and it JUST fits. Nomad only does portrait style charging. FYI.

Reactions: xdms

xdms

Nov 4, 2018
los angeles
I have a nomad with an iPhone 12 Pro Max with a thin case and it JUST fits. Nomad only does portrait style charging. FYI.
Thank you! iPhone 12 Pro Max is 6.33 inches long (about 0.7 inches shorter than the V60). If it just fits, Nomad might not be the right choice for me.

Yama95

Jan 22, 2021
San Diego
If you are purchasing a new 2021 M3, it comes with a built in wireless charger. My wife’s iPhone 12 Pro Max fits and charges just fine. I had to add a little foam mod so my iPhone 12 mini would charge properly.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC