Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help NEMA 10-30R

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

sublimaze1

8Dec2012 / Leeroy Jenkins
Sep 6, 2012
Basin City, TX
Help!

Arrived in Florida (near Seaside) wirh the thinking that the dryer outlet would be updated .. but it is not (see attached)

Anyone have this plug? If you do and can send it to me, I will gladly make it worth your time and send it back. Just tell me your t-shirt size !!!!!

PM me if you have any solutions. I would purchase it online, but I am not sure it would arrive in time. I have the 110 hooked up and it is paltry but working okay. Just need the 220V on the last day to get me out of here.

Thans in avance.

WJ

Attachments

• plug.JPG
    plug.JPG
    277.2 KB · Views: 97
  • plug2.JPG
    plug2.JPG
    234.6 KB · Views: 78
Help!

Arrived in Florida (near Seaside) wirh the thinking that the dryer outlet would be updated .. but it is not (see attached)

Anyone have this plug? If you do and can send it to me, I will gladly make it worth your time and send it back. Just tell me your t-shirt size !!!!!

PM me if you have any solutions. I would purchase it online, but I am not sure it would arrive in time. I have the 110 hooked up and it is paltry but working okay. Just need the 220V on the last day to get me out of here.

Thans in avance.

WJ

The 10-30 can still be found from Tesla. Let me know if you have trouble locating one and I'll help. If you use any 3rd party adapters, remember that you'll have to manually dial it down to 24amps at every location you use it. And it could reset to 40amps under one of the following conditions; inaccurate GPS lock, power outage, firmware update while charging.

Thank you everyone. I am smacking myself for not thinking about this earlier. Brought the 4-prong dryer adapter and knew there was a chance that this would happen. SMH.

I am flowing 110 right now (have been since last night) - and it will do. Probably will not go anywhere until tomorrow morning so that is 24+ hours at 4 miles per hour charge ... should have over 125 range by then.

Heading to Publix Monday which is near ACE hardware. Hopefully ACE will have the parts, you know - ACE is the Place.

For now, less Tesla and More Beach

Glad you got it working!

Two quick notes just in case you find yourself in this situation again, or someone else reading this does.

First, don't discount the power of 120V charging. It sucks, but if you're plugged in most of the day and not driving a ton, it'll add up. I was in Florida this winter and lived off of 120V for almost a week. Arrived with something like 80 miles remaining, and was back up to my usual 90% well before it was time to leave.

Second, check out Plugshare.com for backup options. If there's a public L2 charger nearby, maybe you can work it into some activity, or just leave the car there for a while.

240V charging where you sleep is obviously ideal, so if you can make that work, definitely go for it.

Reactions: javawolfpack
First, don't discount the power of 120V charging. It sucks, but if you're plugged in most of the day and not driving a ton, it'll add up. I was in Florida this winter and lived off of 120V for almost a week. Arrived with something like 80 miles remaining, and was back up to my usual 90% well before it was time to leave.

That is true. We had been beaching for two full days; I went out this morning to get groceries and I had 135 miles (up from 9). So - true that - don't ignore it.

Second, check out Plugshare.com for backup options. If there's a public L2 charger nearby, maybe you can work it into some activity, or just leave the car there for a while.

There is a gentleman named Clark who is less than a mile from here. .. he has offered his HPWC if I need it. Also, Seaside has two chargers for Tesla so I will have them as backup if needed.

Reactions: javawolfpack
When charging in the wild, I check all connection points including the receptacle at 15 min, 30 min., and 2 hrs. for excessive heat (ok to be warm, but not hot to the touch) and will dial down the amp draw oftentimes well below the safe allowable maximum as you have smartly done.