Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help! Not accepting vehicle on delivery?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I pickup my Model Y P on Tuesday.

I’ve seen a bunch of comments about “not accepting delivery” based on some criteria.

Does anyone potentially have any information as to what I would be looking for specifically with a model y?

Is this just “noting it” with the sales rep and then they handle it, or how does that process work?

I am also due to get my car wrapped on the 27th (we pick up the 21st). What would be go / no goes for this in terms of work if Tesla needs to fix something?

Thank you!!

Reactions: Fairchild
I know some would disagree, but I've always thought it to be a bit crazy how some buyers go with a checklist looking for issues. If you thoroughly examine the vehicle without a checklist and are content, shouldn't that be enough? With a checklist you'd let something bother you that you may not have even noticed or would care about otherwise.

Unless something has changed, you get 100 miles from pickup to report any cosmetic issues you noticed later on.

You can note any defect or issue but if there is damage to a seat or steering wheel at delivery Tesla is probably going to deny any responsibility once you accept the vehicle. If you have issue with the exterior paint, gaps etc. don't have wrap or PPF applied until any delivery issues have been addressed.

Reactions: SNYDERHAUS
Be aware that most detail shops will complain that your car will have imperfect paint. Will often tell you they will need to do "paint correction" (at a cost) prior to installing paint protection film or ceramic coatings. Tesla delivers with a high volume production paint job. Not a show car finish.

Be aware that most detail shops will complain that your car will have imperfect paint. Will often tell you they will need to do "paint correction" (at a cost) prior to installing paint protection film or ceramic coatings. Tesla delivers with a high volume production paint job. Not a show car finish.
Most will complain? You're paying them to a the job. Paint correction is always done before install. On a new car there is less to correct but that doesn't mean the paint is perfect. No mass produced car will have perfect paint, its a mass produced paint job.

Anyways, for the OP, you're looking for flaws that are difficult to fix, deal breakers. And also since you have PFF a week later that puts you under greater stress to decide. You'd be inspecting for paint blemishes that cannot be fixed like blemishes under the clearcoat. Anything on top of the clear can be buffed out but stuff under in the actual paint, no fix for that except to repaint.