Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help - paper slipped into crevice where center console cover slides

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I laid a slip of paper from my doctor with some instructions on it on top of the cover for my center console, and in a panic stop it slid up into the crevice where the cover slides into when you open it. Now it's back inside the area under the shelf below my screen. Is there an easy way to get back there, or do I have to remove the entire center console (and how easy is that?) It's not worth a service visit, as I can ask my doctor to write it all down again. Though the paper crinkles every time I slide the cover up, and it's driving me nuts.

I need to clarify - the paper didn't fall between the console and cubby - that would be easy to sweep with a ruler. It slipped into the console itself, in the "garage" that the cover slides back into (see pic - arrows show the paper thin crevice where the paper slipped into). So it's back in the space between the console and the firewall, and there's no way to get back there from inside the console (where the cupholders are). When the cover slides open, you can hear the paper crinkling.

I tried pressing down on the cubby to remove it just so I could see the console better, but it didn't pop off. Given how crappy Tesla's fasteners are, I didn't want to break that too.

Is there a way to remove the sliding cover? Or any way to get back behind the console without removing the whole thing?

Attachments

• console.jpg
    console.jpg
    302.5 KB · Views: 218
Ok you're going to think I'm crazy but here's how to get it out. I had this exact same thing happen to me when I first got the car, when I floored it on the freeway it shot out and into the backseat.

Might not work because it's crinkled but 🤷‍♂️

Ok you're going to think I'm crazy but here's how to get it out. I had this exact same thing happen to me when I first got the car, when I floored it on the freeway it shot out and into the backseat.

Might not work because it's crinkled but 🤷‍♂️
Found a video, I have a 2022 model y so it’s a different design. Seems it will work but it’s a lot of work and potential damage.