Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help. Placed order and I'M TOO EXCITED

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@tintinfish
@mzjk
@Toplate
@ike000
@freeAgent

Hey guys, just went through spreadsheet and saw that we are all from California with LR AWD orders. So just curious if you guys have gotten VIN yet or anything. Since we're in very similar boat, would be nice to hear latest updates.

I don't know what's going on with mine. My delivery estimate was removed days ago and hasn't come back. So I'm completely in the dark. Just hoping for VIN real soon!

Thanks!

I don’t have a VIN yet, but I got a text about 1.5 weeks ago saying that my delivery estimate was moved up to 12/1 - 12/22. It still shows 12/8 - 12/29 on my order/reservation page, which is what it’s showed since I placed my order (on 10/21). My configuration is the LR with blue exterior and black interior. I have seen people in CA who ordered a few days before me getting VINs and potentially even delivery dates, though, so I am hoping to get an update soon.

No cure, may be terminal. Best of luck.

Symptoms include
  • Obsessive reading of forums
  • Seeking out any articles related to Tesla
  • Watching Unlimited hours of YouTube about Tesla
  • Telling your significant other many Tesla facts and news updates
  • Having your friends roll their eyes when you tell continuous Tesla stories
  • Imagining driving your Tesla on long road trips by the sea
  • Imagining beating corvettes at stop light races
  • Checking to see if you have a VIN assigned (refresh....refresh....refresh...)
  • Lack of interest in other hobbies
  • Rewatching autonomy day and battery day
  • The feeling that you need to evangelize and “convert” everyone you know
  • Praying that your delivery experience won’t be a nightmare
  • Installing your charging equipment waaayyy ahead of delivery
  • Feeling gross when you need to fill your ICE car with gas
  • Getting agitated when people spout false information about EVs when you tell them you are getting a Tesla
Note: many of these symptoms can continue well past delivery day and some may be lifelong ailments.
Jesus Christ this was painful to read. I am the embodiment of your post. I feel dirty - should I?

HOLY CRAP, I GOT A VIN! Delivery ETA bumped up to 12/8-12/14.

giphy.gif