Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help please! Model X Glove box can't open

Hi All,

Thanks for your input in advance.
My 2016 X glove box suddenly decided to not work today. When i click the button it does nothing and made no sound.
I went online to do some research and found that there is a way to open Model 3 Glove putting the side panel off, but when i did the same the inside looked different.

I have tired to give it some force to assist it open, but with no luck. I have also tired the voice command (thinking the button might be broken or something) but for some reason my 2016 MCU2.0 say Command is not available.

The car is out of Warranty so i wanted to try a few things before sending it in SC. Does anyone has suggestion? could it be the fuse (since it made no noise when i click the glove box button.)? (the light under the button still works. Thank you

Woody

My glove box was once stuck. What i did was, I opened the front door passenger side and gave a gentle push inwards from the right-side of the glove box (you can see the right side of the glove box if you open the front door) - after the gentle push the glove box opened- possibly misalignment of the glove box door. Hope this helps.

NewFavThing

Supporting Member
Apr 15, 2019
Evanston IL
I’ve had this happen at least four times in three years. Usually because something shifted inside the glovebox and is blocking one of the latches. Stick a putty knife between the dash and the glovebox door, and gently wiggle it/apply pressure while hitting the release button. It’ll pop right open!

That being said, don’t overload the glove box. 🙃

• Helpful
Reactions: scottf200

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC