Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help Please Updates/Chill

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 2017 100 D home delivered end of September.Received a software update a couple weeks later via wifi at home to get to 2017.42.1 Have been waiting patiently for the .44 update which I read about and the chill mode.I live 250 miles from a service center. What can I do to get the updates ???

Appreciate timely response.
But,hell, if there is already a .46 update and I don't even have .44 , then thats a bit ridiculous.

Not every car gets every update. In some cases certain updates only apply to AP1 cars or only apply to AP2 cars. In other cases new updates are released before a previous update has been deployed to the whole fleet.

When you do get updated you should get the most current update available for your hardware at that time, but you should not expect to see every update on your car.

• Informative
Reactions: pdx3181
I have a 2017 100 D home delivered end of September.Received a software update a couple weeks later via wifi at home to get to 2017.42.1 Have been waiting patiently for the .44 update which I read about and the chill mode.I live 250 miles from a service center. What can I do to get the updates ???
Perhaps you need to learn to .... chill first in order to get the .... chill firmware...

I had a conversation with my Ranger about updates...Seems as though the company wants to roll out updates in small batches such that- if an error happens, it is not fleet wide, and just hammers a few customers. As an update settles in, then they release it to the next batch of customers. This made me feel good that I would not always be the guinea-pig - just sometimes!!

I’m still a good bit back too.

It looks like they stopped 2017.46 and are now doing 2017.46.8.

So if they ever find a problem, they need to stop and then move all those with intermediate versions again.

I’m holding out another week or two and then will check. There is always a possibility that an update failed and stuck.

But short of needing it to drive across the country, I wouldn’t worry about it. And even then, I might wait... just to be safe.

If a Ranger is on site with the car can he expedite the update ?
Yes- the Ranger can force an update. I don't believe he can make the update to be a version your car cant handle, just trigger the update for your version to happen that night. I say that as I watched my Ranger do that - he plugs his laptop in and flips just the right switches and - bam- it is on my dashboard. He says he always leaves a customer with the latest and greatest.

It’s extremely routine to skip over updates. For example, I was on “2017.34” all the way until 2017.42. That was watching maybe 5 different variants of 2017.36, 2017.38, and 2017.40 float by, bringing the additional supercharger info and camper mode. I didn’t get it until 2017.42.

This is perfectly normal in the way Tesla develops and tests software updates. It might take months before a major flood gate release. You can follow along at: http://firmware.teslafi.com/

2017.46 3387a54 120 12%
2017.46.9 3628a24 3 0.3%
2017.46.8 50d6145 103 10.3%
2017.44 02fdc86 186 18.5%
2017.42.1 94435ee 18 1.8%
2017.42 a88c8d5 555 55.3%

2017.42 is still by far the most common release out there. 2017.44 is the next most popular but it’s still vastly outnumbered by 2017.42 folks. There’s nothing wrong with being on 2017.42. Sure, you can stop and scream to the Service Center or to your Ranger and you may get the latest version at the moment. But what happens when 2017.48 starts trickling out?

At some point, it’s best just to chill and let the process happen on its own. It’s exhausting to seek out the latest update.