Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help: Problem to stop car heat heating while away

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I parked my car today in Stansted and am now in Denmark. I just logged into the Tesla app from here and it reports the temperature in the car as being 25C even though the outside temperature is 12C. On the app if I go to the Climate button the Off button is greyed. I assume this means that the Climate control is off-- correct? So how can stop the interior of the car being at 25 C after several hours in the car park? Any ideas?

I parked my car today in Stansted and am now in Denmark. I just logged into the Tesla app from here and it reports the temperature in the car as being 25C even though the outside temperature is 12C. On the app if I go to the Climate button the Off button is greyed. I assume this means that the Climate control is off-- correct? So how can stop the interior of the car being at 25 C after several hours in the car park? Any ideas?
Today is a slightly warm day compared to last week. If it is in one of those multistorey car park then the heat works based on the laws of thermodynamics. When energy passes into or out of a system (as work, heat, or matter), the system's internal energy changes in accord with the law of conservation of energy.

Cars quickly heat up especially the inside - sometime the outside temperature may be just around 30 C but the inside can reach up to 60 C because of the laws of thermodynamcis. My point is there is nothing to worry as long as you are not fiddling with the app and switching the climate on!

It is at an outside car park. I have switched off Sentry mode for now in order to preserve the battery as I would like to come back on Wednesday with some juice in it! I will keep monitoring. At the moment I am inclined to think that it may be due to warming by the sun and so not a real problem. If so then I should expect to see the temperature drop significantly in an hour.

It is at an outside car park. I have switched off Sentry mode for now in order to preserve the battery as I would like to come back on Wednesday with some juice in it! I will keep monitoring. At the moment I am inclined to think that it may be due to warming by the sun and so not a real problem. If so then I should expect to see the temperature drop significantly in an hour.
It's definitely not a problem. Even a little sun will will warm the car. Your heating isn't on if that's what it says in the app. If you want to save percentage on your battery don't keep checking with the app and back off with the monitoring ... that wakes up and reboots the car every time wasting juice.

25C is nothing to worry about in terms of cabin temperatures, and it’s perfectly normal for the cabin to be hotter than the ambient temperature. The car has glass along the whole top that will capture and retain heat.

I would like to come back on Wednesday with some juice in it! I will keep monitoring.
First thing to do is stop monitoring it. Every time you open the app you wake the car and use some of the energy in the battery.

As others have said, the sun heats the cabin very quickly, especially as it’s been sunny in the UK today.

I parked my car on my driveway at 90% unplugged and untouched for over 6 weeks. Only used the App when it (or TeslaFi) notified me of software updates. Sentry is off of course. Overheat is on but its been cold anyway.
When I put it back on charge yesterday it had only dropped to 82% charge and took 40 minutes to get back up to 90%.
It was a nice day 17º outside but amazing 30º inside.
So, leave it alone when parking for extended time!

Reactions: MrT3