Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help - Question on 2014 MS Interior

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All,

Am looking at getting a 2014 MS, however am puzzled by vehicle I am considering. In the pictures, it has full leather front seats and in the rear the seats are the cloth and leather base versions. Is that possible? Or is it likely that something was replaced? The car shows clean title with no accidents. Please advise. Thank you!

Pictures fof the front and rear seats

Attachments

• front.jpg
    front.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 81
  • rear.jpg
    rear.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 65
Next gen seats in the front could be replacements.

Haven’t seen leather fronts and cloth rears. Maybe the previous owner had dogs and then had a chance to upgrade the front seats due to back problems with the originals.

The SvC/OA should be able to produce part numbers and the exact seat descriptions.

Thank you. Is there some way to track work done? Can I provide VIN to a service center to check? Also validate that it is still in good standing with Tesla and has valid super charging etc.?

You’re welcome. They may confirm the last 2 points, and probably would confirm the seat thing, but in the past have been reticent to provide full service histories.

Also the part numbers/seat descriptions part assumed Tesla has the car and is selling it as a CPO.

If private party and you give Tesla the VIN, they may confirm original equipment (there is also an online decoder) but not sure how much else.

If you’re buying from the original owner, then for sure the owner can provide a full service history by getting copies of invoices. And should have the original purchase info from My Tesla.

If buying from a used car lot, all bets are off.

Thanks! It's from a used car dealer so a bit concerning, I think I'll get the VIN checked with the tesla service center to make sure it's legit.

Aha. Good idea.

Also, if there's an SvC near enough to the used car lot. see if they'll bring the car to that SvC for a pre-purchase inspection. Can't hurt to ask. Odds are used car lot personnel know barely enough to keep the car from bricking itself.

Another possibility is that the SvC could reach out and touch the car, as it were, remotely, and see if there are any current alerts or items of concern.

Anyway, good luck. Would be curious to know how that all ends up.