Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help! Radio flyer need troubleshooting assistance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got a radio flyer from referral code tonight. Christmas Eve! Darn thing won’t work. The battery doesn’t want to seem to stay on. Can’t figure out how to get it to work. It worked for a moment. The light switch worked and I tested the petal and it went. Now it won’t go. Please help! Thanks!!

Like our big Tesla's, this one is always on. It starts when you press the "GAS" peddle. If the horn and lights do not work then press the peddle. If that does not work, make sure the battery is installed properly. Remove it and put it back in. Press the peddle and see what happens.

Having the exact same problem! Mine came with the long range battery. Battery shows 4/5 lights on when plugged in, then all lights go off when unplugged and nothing works!
Ok, so answer for me was to let it charge totally full, till the charger green light stopped blinking. Then, someone (a kid) has to press the floor pedal to turn it on. After that the lights, horn, etc. will work.

Got a radio flyer from referral code tonight. Christmas Eve! Darn thing won’t work. The battery doesn’t want to seem to stay on. Can’t figure out how to get it to work. It worked for a moment.
I had the same experience today. It did work yesterday but it was completely dead today. :( Battery was full with 5 of 5 LEDs showing green lights. It took me a while to figure it out, but eventually, I was able to identify the "problem".

When you unpack the car for the first time, there is a small plastic cover inside the charge port. It has a piece of paper attached that symbolizes that this piece of plastic should be discarded. I didn't discard it and instead put it back on when I put the car away for the night. Turns out: Inside the charge port there is a micro switch which removes all power from the device. This serves as a safe guard to avoid driving while charging. The small plastic cap triggers the same micro switch and thus serves as a transport lock. Remove the cap, and the car is functional again... Have fun! :)