Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help regarding registration in Delaware

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I took delivery of new Model 3 end of June from the Tesla store at Devon. I believe to register the vehicle here in De I will need documents which are to be sent by Tesla.

The lady I spoke to today gave me a strong vibe of not knowing what she is talking about. She told me to wait for the documents and that they will be delivered within 60 days which of course is the duration of temporary registration. It does not make sense that I should just wait and what if they didn't send it. She didn't have an answer and kept saying they sent it.

Previously for my Model S I got the documents within 2 weeks.

How have other people's experience been?

Thanks for the help.

You will get documents via Fedex from Tesla within 2 weeks. Just take them to DMV and they will register the car, pay the fees and plates in your hand. It’s not complicated.

Ignore the lady talk if you’d like but she is right. This is all done centrally by Tesla out of their CA or NV office. They know registration details by state.

Reactions: redy
You will get documents via Fedex from Tesla within 2 weeks. Just take them to DMV and they will register the car, pay the fees and plates in your hand. It’s not complicated.

Ignore the lady talk if you’d like but she is right. This is all done centrally by Tesla out of their CA or NV office. They know registration details by state.

Thanks for the reply.

Its already been 4 weeks, which is why I was trying to make sure they actually sent it. She kept giving me a generic answer. Whereas somebody else I spoke to was asking my Temp registration number and was trying to make sure docs were sent.

Thanks for the reply.

Its already been 4 weeks, which is why I was trying to make sure they actually sent it. She kept giving me a generic answer. Whereas somebody else I spoke to was asking my Temp registration number and was trying to make sure docs were sent.

The rule of thumb if I recall correctly in Delaware is that car has to be registered within 30 days of purchase or there is a penalty. Better check with Tesla customer service.