Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HELP! RPMTesla Carbon Fiber Mirror Caps

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Urgent question for anyone that has these installed. I just installed the matte Carbon Fiber mirror caps from RPMTesla last night. Today, I notice I can't connect to my car over cellular while it's in the parking lot at work. An area where the car typically only gets 2 bars.

Does anyone else with this product have issues with cellular connectivity? I'm worried about a loss of functionality and would love to know if I have to get them off my car before the bond of the tape fully sets.

Urgent question for anyone that has these installed. I just installed the matte Carbon Fiber mirror caps from RPMTesla last night. Today, I notice I can't connect to my car over cellular while it's in the parking lot at work. An area where the car typically only gets 2 bars.

Does anyone else with this product have issues with cellular connectivity? I'm worried about a loss of functionality and would love to know if I have to get them off my car before the bond of the tape fully sets.
I was just looking at ordering these myself. You happy with them otherwise?

I hadn't heard that the cellular antenna was inside the side mirrors? Is that verified?

I have them and have no issues with cell connection. If you just got your rear window tinted I'd check the connections to the glass.
Either a connector is damaged or your antenna went out.
As far as looks they are the best piece of CF I have for my car. Looks great, real CF, and fit perfectly.

I have them and have no issues with cell connection. If you just got your rear window tinted I'd check the connections to the glass.
Either a connector is damaged or your antenna went out.
As far as looks they are the best piece of CF I have for my car. Looks great, real CF, and fit perfectly.
Interesting. I thought I had seen that the antenna were in the mirrors. Haven't had issues until this morning. Hoping its just a fluke!

I just spoke with my SC. They confirmed that the cell antennas are in the mirror. I think my issue is that my office is in a lower service area, so before being slow to connect with 1-2 bars was the worst issue, but if the CF is decreasing performance at all then it's essentially getting no service. I may have to take them off. I don't know how I would have gotten through this winter without pre-conditioning.

• Disagree
Reactions: untilcomplete
Hmm, I could see that edge cases of connectivity might be effected, they could reduce a bar or 2. If that is all the reception you usually get then this could be bad, reducing your connection to 0 bars.
My cell service sucks at my house, so I just assume it never works. But it could be that my CF caps do reduce connectivity. I do get some connectivity at work.
Regardless, the real CF does negatively effect radio transmission through it.

Maybe an isolated incident? An extra layer of CF or plastic shouldn't affect your connectivity by that much.

The only reason that made me think about it was that when they talk about their CF center console cover (not the wrap). They mention that it prevents the key card from working.

I monitored my commute home and I kept connectivity the whole way. Maybe I'll try parking in a different part of the lot tomorrow to see if it helps.

• Informative
Reactions: zhu-