Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help - Stain left by small water spill on black seats!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We've had our M3 SR+ (black partial premium interior) for just over a week and today we had our first interior accident.

A small amount of water fell on the back seats which was wiped away but a stain remains and the area is fully dry.

IMG_3223.jpg

View attachment 455154

I'm really surpised just water has left behind a stain.

I thought I'd ask you folks for advice on how we can get rid of the stain before doing anything like using wet wipes etc that could make the situation worse. Getting hold of someone from Tesla UK customer services is not easy!

Thanks for any advice or suggestions!

Attachments

• IMG_3224.jpg
    IMG_3224.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 219
Last edited:
We've had our M3 SR+ (black partial premium interior) for just over a week and today we had our first interior accident.

A small amount of water fell on the back seats which was wiped away but a stain remains and the area is fully dry.

I'm really surpised just water has left behind a stain.

I thought I'd ask you folks for advice on how we can get rid of the stain before doing anything like using wet wipes etc that could make the situation worse. Getting hold of someone from Tesla UK customer services is not easy!

Thanks for any advice or suggestions!

I use 70% isopropyl alcohol AKA rubbing alcohol (available at any drug store). Works great on the ultrafabrics. Cleans up suntan lotion and all the other lotions my wife uses. Works on most interior surfaces as well. Don’t be hesitant to rub hard with a microfibre or other clean cloth wet with the 70% solution. It can take some effort to remove stains. Personally I would pass on any of the ‘bleach’ based cleaners listed. I hate bleach. Bleach hates me. It eats my jeans........

Cleaning and Care | ultrafabrics

https://www.ultrafabricsinc.com/sit...onment/CleaningInstructionsGeneral_1-2017.pdf

https://www.ultrafabricsinc.com/sites/default/files/environment/Disinfectants_3-2018.pdf

Reactions: elecTED
You sure that’s just water? I have just water all the time and no staining.

Have just given the area a good wipe with a mircofibe cloth dampened with some warm soapy solution and it appears it's an oil/grease based stain. The stain is a lot less visible now - phew. Will check again in daylight tomorrow.

Our son was holding a drinks travel flask containing water wrapped in a small used carrier (plastic) bag. Some water had spilled into the bag and we assumed the stain the was just from the water. Clearly there was something greasy/oily in the bag or on the outside which transferred to the seat with the water. We no longer have the plastic bag to examine.

Thanks for the advice guys.

• Informative
Reactions: brkaus