Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help! Steering Wheel Scuffed up after a paid service

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I had my infotainment system upgraded on my 1st gen Model S and my steering wheel was scuffed up after the service. I notified a Tesla employee at the time of pickup and he noted, took pictures, and set up a service appointment for me. Almost a month later I received a message on the app telling me to take my car in for inspection but I was out of town at the time. Today when I took my car in, the manager basically told me that I scuffed it up myself and to **** off. He said there were no notes or pictures in their system of the damage at the time of pickup.

Is there anything I can do about this? I kind of have a feeling that I'm screwed and have to accept it. I was an early adpoter and also referred a bunch of people to buy their cars and this is what I get. It might be time for me to move on. I've always had shitty service from Tesla but this time is different.

TBH I'm kinda sick of dealing with this stuff. The service for me has been like this throughout my nine years of owning my Tesla. Another time they left a loose bolt inside my car and I'll never know if they ever installed it back on the car. Also, when I take it in to service they would dirty up my car. Not to mention another incident with my air suspension. Too many bad experiences with Tesla even when I'm paying them to service my car.

I had a total of three Tesla but I recently sold one due to this incident. I'm at the point of moving on to another car company. That's how pissed off I am with their service.

This is the problem with Tesla service, I had the same thing with my Model S. I had taken it in for a routine service before work. I picked it up at the end of the day and notice the scrape in the steering wheel cover at the bottom edge. I gave them a call right away, took pictures and forwarded them. Tesla comp'ed the service and had a upholstery repair guy meet me at the service centre to repair it.
Mind you this was 5 years ago when service was much different than it is now.