Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help talk me away from the ledge

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Clint - About those ventilated seats.... With the Model S, you get a smartphone app that lets you turn on A/C remotely and pre-cool the entire car before you even open the door. So you get a nice cold steering wheel and cold seat, every day, no matter how hot outside!
I know. It's a great feature. But there's no stopping that south Florida back sweat in the summer. Maybe I need to finally add tint to a vehicle. Just worried about the ability to see out at night.

Ha ha, told my salesman at Porsche that I was no longer interested in the Panamera... Interested in a Tesla. His response was: "Oh dear Lord, good luck with that..."
Don't think I'd get much of a push to go over, then again, true car people love cars, no matter the brand. It's a great way to bond with your fellow man...

Congrats! Is this serving as the replacement for the Panamera and the 911 or just the Panamera?

It's simple. You have to do it. Once you go to an electric car...actually the nicest electric car on the planet at that...you'll never go back. The world will figure this out eventually too, and Gen3 is going to blow it wide open. For now, it sounds like you have the money to make it happen with an S, so do it. I've had mine for a few months now, and it is one of the few in Toronto. It turns heads everywhere we go, but most importantly for me the product itself is literally the finest thing I own. Many here have commented that driving it feels like the future, and that is 100% true.

Model S Fun to Drive and Practical

I think you will be very pleased with the Model S. Not only is it fun to drive but it is a very practical car. The amount of room is amazing, especially when the frunk is added to the mix. It is also one of the safest, if not the safest, cars on the road. I'm not rich either (just been very smart managing my money) and got a P85 in March as my mid-life crisis car.

You will not have issues with tint at night... it does cut some glare which is a positive but you really can see fine. Living in AZ, tint is a must!
Yes, tint it is. I think I would want all side windows and rear the same level of tint for symmetry. You have a tint number suggestion? I like the look on outside of dark as possible without too much inside visual compromise and good cabin heat control.