Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help tesla realize their vision - vote for federal ev incentives!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I didn't peg him. He pegged himself when his government: "committed C$1.2 billion to help clean technology companies succeed,two-thirds of the funds are being directed to the resource sector, still a hugely important sector of the Canadian economy."

I assume Trudeau is a man of his word and who is true to his commitments. If you are telling me to give him time to undue his commitments, since he's only been in office for 12 days, and when the budget actually comes down, he won't do what he has committed to do, and we will see a federal EV rebate in the budget, well, then I will be pleased, but it seems a strange request for you to make of me.

So, for now, I am taking him at his word. There are other commitments I also hope he will back out of, and soon too, but again that's off topic and too political for here. But if we look at those other commitments, even in the face of much pressure, he appears to be sticking to them. So I think it's safe to assume he will stick to this one.

I think we should give him the 90 days, then pile on as necessary. I will be right there with you...and so will Elizabeth May!

- - - Updated - - -

This appointment sends a pretty clear signal for me:

Marlo Raynolds on Twitter:

Why don't you send him a Tweet...or maybe he's already a TMC member?

- - - Updated - - -

This Tweet is comforting as well:

Marlo Raynolds on Twitter:

- - - Updated - - -

We just need to make sure our new government understands what's going on in Norway:

Ktown on Twitter:

I agree that L2 30 amp chargers are a waste of money. That's why I said DC fast chargers; you know, the 50kw kind that will give you 150mph of range. I'm glad Tesla is building their SC network--and with every SC that opens the other automakers fall further behind. But Tesla can't do it all, and even if they could, I think it would be healthier overall if many people and businesses were vested in chargers.
I'm watching this now...thought of your post:
Tesla Founder and CEO Elon Musk Shares Energy Vision at 2015 EEI Annual Convention - YouTube

Today:

Additional incentives should be considered, such as are in applied in places like Norway and California.

In Norway, if a person buys an electric vehicle, they do not have to pay the 25 percent value added tax, registration fees are waved and additional incentives are provided. In California, EV buyers can obtain a $7,500 federal tax credit, a $2,500 state credit and access to drive in carpool lanes even with only one person in the vehicle.

Tesla would like to see other considerations in the future that might help move people into electric vehicles, such as changes in zoning and permits for buildings, requiring them to have electric vehicle charging stations. The same should be considered for landlords, possibly requiring them to install charging stations for renters.

Tesla Tells Detroit To Stop Fighting Electric Cars

- - - Updated - - -

Yesterday:

Electric vehicle popularity is racing ahead in Norway, and a report by the Pacific Institute for Climate Solutions (PICS) at the University of Victoria has suggestions for what B.C. can do to catch up.

The Martlet Electricity could drive change in B.C. says report

Follow me: Ktown (@Ktowntslafan) | Twitter

My forecast is that apartments, that is, landlords, will be "forced" to install chargers by the market, in the same way that hotels were compelled to add wifi. Note that apartment dwellers tend to skew to the younger age brackets; I suspect those younger people will also be more likely to want an EV over an ICE once the price comes down, e.g., Model 3. So, to attract tenants, some apartments will offer chargers, while the number of EVs grows, and more tenants will request chargers from the landlords who can fill that need or lose the tenant(s). I think the situation will be quite interesting in about five years.

I'm a landlord too and I'd be pleased to install an EVSE or 14-50 outlet for my renters. I would recover the costs, of course, in increased price for the rent, gradually though over a few years and as allowed under the Residential Tenancy Act.

In the end, the consumer always pays, one way or another.

Again, however, the problem is that our government has committed to handing out money, to the tune of nearly $1B, to the resource industry sectors, under the guise of promoting clean energy, while at the same time nearly ignoring what we are now driving on our roads (EV's) and what is working in other countries (rebates). Great, though, since we'll use clean energy to extract dirty oil! I hope someone calls them out on it during their "feel good, accomplish nothing" site seeing tour.

Yes, I am cynical. :mad: Enough is enough! This is our kids future we are selling out to big oil! In fact, there's a good argument to be made that big oil is actually orchestrating this conference (BG Group, BP, Eni, Royal Dutch Shell, Statoil and Total to be precise). We shouldn't be fooled by the letter they sent to France's Foreign Minister Laurent Fabius and Christiana Figueres, Executive Secretary of the UN Framework Convention on Climate Change. This is, in fact, the perfect scenario for big oil -- a conference with not only no commitments to be made, but no commitments to even make commitments. Just more of the status quo. And Canada is there in full force with money to hand out to them, all in the name of "clean energy".

Yes, I am cynical. :mad: Enough is enough!
Watching the news last night I had to sigh and roll my eyes. The quick bites of each of the Alta, BC and Sask premiers after meeting the PM were telling.

Alta: "We're rolling out the carbon tax, nobody's going to be happy, but we're going it anyway." Good, you haven't been in power long enough to be corrupted or shown to be a political scumbag like all your predecessors. But give it time... prove me wrong! Please!

BC: "We've been leading in carbon reduction and should be getting some solid atta-boys for our efforts." Wha-wha-wha-what? How many pipelines have been planned on your watch and how many are likely to be approved? Some lip service to 'meeting all our conditions', but who's fooled by that? What about the Kinder-Morgan fiasco in Burnaby and the twinning proposed down the North Thompson? Bitumen in the Bay? How exactly have you been 'leading'?? Or is that politi-speak for 'we suck less than the rest'?

Sask: "Hang on a moment people, we have to figure out how doing something useful to the climate might impact jobs, before we commit to helping save the species." Idiot, of course it's going to cost jobs. The key is not to dwell on the losses but to instead look to how you can create new jobs associated with the necessary changes! How do you think your wheat fields will do if climate change renders them dry and dead? They might not be as profitable as hydrocarbon extraction, but they sure produce better food. If you're stuck to take a leap of faith, it's much better to do it facing forward than looking back. Sit on the fence too long and you'll get a nice sharp picket up your ___...

Meanwhile...in Ontario:

Ontario releases climate change strategy | Plug n Drive

Electric vehicles were featured prominently throughout the news conference and the Province intends to tackle transportation emissions, in part, through electrification with a "focus on helping households shift to affordable and viable ultra-low and zero-emission vehicles." The Honourable Glen Murray, Minister of Environment and Climate Change, mentioned that a "rapid deployment of charging infrastructure" is one of the key priorities.

Ontario%20releases%20climate%20change%20strategy.jpg

Last edited:
When a car is an Ultra Low Emission Vehicle or even Super Ultra, does that pertain to GHG emissions as well as non-CO2 pollutions emissions? My other car is a Lexus RX450h and it is classed as Super Low Emission Vehicle, but it still averages around 10L/100km when it comes to gas consumption. That's good enough for Super Ultra Low?

Watching the news last night I had to sigh and roll my eyes. The quick bites of each of the Alta, BC and Sask premiers after meeting the PM were telling.

Alta: "We're rolling out the carbon tax, nobody's going to be happy, but we're going it anyway." Good, you haven't been in power long enough to be corrupted or shown to be a political scumbag like all your predecessors. But give it time... prove me wrong! Please!

BC: "We've been leading in carbon reduction and should be getting some solid atta-boys for our efforts." Wha-wha-wha-what? How many pipelines have been planned on your watch and how many are likely to be approved? Some lip service to 'meeting all our conditions', but who's fooled by that? What about the Kinder-Morgan fiasco in Burnaby and the twinning proposed down the North Thompson? Bitumen in the Bay? How exactly have you been 'leading'?? Or is that politi-speak for 'we suck less than the rest'?

Sask: "Hang on a moment people, we have to figure out how doing something useful to the climate might impact jobs, before we commit to helping save the species." Idiot, of course it's going to cost jobs. The key is not to dwell on the losses but to instead look to how you can create new jobs associated with the necessary changes! How do you think your wheat fields will do if climate change renders them dry and dead? They might not be as profitable as hydrocarbon extraction, but they sure produce better food. If you're stuck to take a leap of faith, it's much better to do it facing forward than looking back. Sit on the fence too long and you'll get a nice sharp picket up your ___...
Wall is being disingenuous. The job losses have not been to green energy standards, or such. It's been to low resource prices. The one does not have to come at the expense of the other. For example, welders. The oil and gas industry was looking for every welder they could get their hands. You know what takes even more welders? Making windmills for electricity.

Wall is just auditioning to become the Leader of the Federal Conservative Party.

5 Days to #COP21!

If you don't want to do the YouTube video, feel free to copy and paste my efforts (serious time in...I'm passionate about this) to Minister McKenna:

Here's my response to Minister Mckenna's YouTube campaign invitation:

Ktown on Twitter:

(If you like) Send to:

Catherine McKenna (@ec_minister) | Twitter

or

[email protected]

CS-0VH3VAAAuK-o.png

Together, hopefully, we can accelerate the advent of sustainable transport in Canada!

3 Days to #COP21!

If you don't want to do the YouTube video, feel free to copy and paste my efforts (serious time in...I'm passionate about this) to Minister McKenna:

Here's my response to Minister Mckenna's YouTube campaign invitation:

Ktown on Twitter:

(If you like) Send to:

Catherine McKenna (@ec_minister) | Twitter

or

[email protected]

CS-0VH3VAAAuK-o.png

Together, hopefully, we can accelerate the advent of sustainable transport in Canada!

I hope she is enjoying her tax payer funded vacation since, by her own admission, "McKenna says no one expects Canada to announce its own national targets for reducing greenhouse gas emissions in Paris."

Emissions targets from Paris won McKenna - National | Globalnews.ca

I guess I'm a "no one" since in my view, the least Canada can do, since there won't be any agreements reached at all, is set an example by announcing Canada's targets. But, surprise, surprise, we won't even do that. It makes no sense why Trudeau would bring along such a large delegation when he won't even announce our own targets. He could have at least reduced carbon emissions by leaving most at home.

Too cynical?

I hope she is enjoying her tax payer funded vacation since, by her own admission, "McKenna says no one expects Canada to announce its own national targets for reducing greenhouse gas emissions in Paris."

Emissions targets from Paris won McKenna - National | Globalnews.ca

I guess I'm a "no one" since in my view, the least Canada can do, since there won't be any agreements reached at all, is set an example by announcing Canada's targets. But, surprise, surprise, we won't even do that. It makes no sense why Trudeau would bring along such a large delegation when he won't even announce our own targets. He could have at least reduced carbon emissions by leaving most at home.

Too cynical?

You are very cynical :mad: