Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

help test drive roadster central NJ

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello! I'm looking to join the club but hesitant to give up my two great droptops for a Roadster. Anyone in the CNJ area kind enough to let me drive theirs before taking the next step. May be a long shot but doesn't hurt to ask :)

Much appreciated TMC! thank you

Hello! I'm looking to join the club but hesitant to give up my two great droptops for a Roadster. Anyone in the CNJ area kind enough to let me drive theirs before taking the next step. May be a long shot but doesn't hurt to ask :)

Much appreciated TMC! thank you

And don't forget to share your experiences after you drive one, SemiS3XYR. I think I personally also interested to hear that.

Lol you guys aren’t selling me on the roadster
But @mpt thanks! I’ll let you know!

Ha..yes no filters here, we give you the truth on this forum. :)

Owners post mostly when there is an issue. If we posted every time the car was flawless and breathtaking on the back roads we would all be reading a huge list of posts to 2am every night. There is some compelling reason (actually a number of reasons) we are willing to dump serious cash into a 10 year old car the rare time it has an issue. If you have ever owned a classic or a niche car, this is similar to where we are at with the roadster these days.

We know once you drive one, even if we complained about the car all day, you will want one (as long as you can get out of it)!
At least there are a couple of roadsters for you to try around here when we are up and running.

@mpt and others in the area, we should definitely meet up locally once we all are on the road again.

ion_1 is correct. Yes, there are issues that can put it on the shelf for a while until repairs are made, and in general, those are the posts that get made....but, these babies handle SO WELL it is just too much fun to drive, and I wish I could drive it more....I've put ~1200 miles on mine in the 3 months since I purchased it...driving it usually once during the week and once on the weekend (this week I've managed to drive it 3 times including today)...

If people are willing to drive down to Wilmington Delaware, the Delaware Valley Tesla Owners Club is having a meet up at Bellefonte Brewing Co (owned by one of our members) from 12-4 pm on August 31st. My Roadster will be there and it would be great to have more. Here is the address: 3605 Old Capitol Trail C8, Wilmington, Delaware 19808
Join DVTO.club for more info.

@ion_1 i don’t think I am ready for classic car collector status yet, ha. I hear what you are saying about posts about issues only but my read from them is failure/errors aren’t often and you just need to keep some parts clean but maybe? I’m getting the wrong feeling...

@Sig72 good question! 6spd!
E8C7A4CD-978A-4C1B-A4D7-92D3F3F349FE.jpeg