TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Help Testing an App

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Sam Gabbay, Feb 16, 2016.

1. Sam Gabbay

Sam Gabbay Vendor

Hey Guys,

I am building a simple app for someone as a gift and need someone with a Tesla to help me out. It's nothing complicated and didn't know where to turn.

Thanks guys!

2. kevincwelch

kevincwelch Active Member

Aren't you getting one of your own?

3. Sam Gabbay

Sam Gabbay Vendor

I am! However mine isn't coming until the end of March and my friends birthday is at the end of February.

4. miamibeacher

miamibeacher Member

Need more info...

5. HankLloydRight

HankLloydRight Fluxing

Yeah, what kind of app? What access does it need? Tesla login credentials?

Android or iOS (or other)?

6. miamibeacher

miamibeacher Member

He PMed me.

It's an iOS app. So far seems like another app with access to Tesla Credentials. But looks like he's adding s bunch of new features. He or I will give more info once I know it's okay to "leak" info.

7. Sam Gabbay

Sam Gabbay Vendor

Thanks guys! Anyone who wants to help PM me for more info!

8. Sam Gabbay

Sam Gabbay Vendor

Any other takers?

9. green1

green1 Active Member

Yet another app for the minority who run iOS, and still nothing for the majority that use Android...

• Like x 1
  10. brkaus

brkaus Member

Yup, seams like there would be a huge market for the product used by the majority... unless perhaps...

11. ModelZ

ModelZ Member

To bring this back on topic, I like the look of this app. It's very clean. I'll test it out tonight when I get my car back from the SC.

12. Sam Gabbay

Sam Gabbay Vendor

Thank you, it means a lot. I am open to any and all feedback. As I have a few major upgrades in the works.

13. HankLloydRight

HankLloydRight Fluxing

Can we get any ideas what this app does, compared to Teslalog, RemoteS, VT, EVMote, etc? Thanks.

14. Sam Gabbay

Sam Gabbay Vendor

Sure. The app is on the App Store right now, with some major upgrades in the works. I believe that the app is a little easier to use and MUCH better looking than anything thats out there currently. Navigation is easy, and design is pretty damn good.

Energi - Simple Remote for Tesla
    Energi - Simple Remote for Tesla on the App Store

In terms of what it does different. Right now there are 2 things that set me apart (there will be 4 more in around 2 weeks, I can tell you that much right now).

- Force touch the Home Screen icon for quick actions, like Summon, and locking and unlocking.
    - In Notification Center you have a Widget to flash the lights, honk the horn, vent the sunroof, close the sunroof, turn on climate control.

A watch app is in the works, it's pretty much done, just want to spruce up the design a little bit... Can you tell that design is important to me? Lol

Let me know what you think!

15. ModelZ

ModelZ Member

Definitely like the functionality that takes advantage of iOS 9. Looking forward to seeing what else you have in store...

Totally can tell you are design-focused. Like I said, it's very clean looking.

Small note so far - On the Closest Chargers screen, the text fields are too long and the mileage is getting cut off (I'm on a 6s).

16. Sam Gabbay

Sam Gabbay Vendor

Thank you! It has been fixed. Will be included in the next update.

17. eyespii

eyespii Member

I PM'd you. Great looking app from the screenshots!

18. jomo25

jomo25 P4398

The design is nice, but it does crash repeatedly when I go to the 2nd and/or 3rd tabs...sometimes they display, but crashes more than half the time. I'm on a 6s Plus running latest 9.3.1 on Vzn network.

Also, the map view keeps going to compass POV view. If I toggle to 'north up' view, it switches. But then switches back within a couple seconds.

19. Whitmarsh

Whitmarsh Member

One thing you might consider: if you leave a dog in the car, you want to be able to turn off the internal alarm sensor. You can do this in Settings - Security - Tilt/Intrusion but (a) it resets itself next time you start the car and (b) you invariably forget to do so until you are in a cafe some way from the car. It would very nice to be able to do it from a phone.

• Like x 1