Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HELP: Trying not to destroy my antenna removing my dash cam mount

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got a dash cam (E-Prance Mini0801) it worked great for 2 weeks and then the video had issues. Decided to upgrade to the BlackVue Wi-Fi DR500GW.

I attached the mount on the front windshield to the right of the rear view mirror with the double stick tape on the antenna raised dots. Anybody have any ideas how to safely remove this without scraping the dots off?

The dots are extremely hard to remove....you won't do anything to them by removing the dashcam. You couldn't remove them even if you tried...I believe they're in the glass. I'll double-check...I know the matrix on edge of windshield is in the glass itself...you cannot feel it

I got a dash cam (E-Prance Mini0801) it worked great for 2 weeks and then the video had issues. Decided to upgrade to the BlackVue Wi-Fi DR500GW.

I attached the mount on the front windshield to the right of the rear view mirror with the double stick tape on the antenna raised dots. Anybody have any ideas how to safely remove this without scraping the dots off?

I also had the 801 mounted and then removed it. Once you get the corner of the mount up with a razor blade, you can usually "pop" the rest of the mount/adhesive off.