Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HELP: Trying not to destroy my antenna removing my dash cam mount

MajesticSound

Up is LOUDER
Apr 4, 2014
Ft Lauderdale, FL
I got a dash cam (E-Prance Mini0801) it worked great for 2 weeks and then the video had issues. Decided to upgrade to the BlackVue Wi-Fi DR500GW.

I attached the mount on the front windshield to the right of the rear view mirror with the double stick tape on the antenna raised dots. Anybody have any ideas how to safely remove this without scraping the dots off?

MoeMistry

Local Vendor - SoCal
Jul 31, 2013
Southern California
The dots are extremely hard to remove....you won't do anything to them by removing the dashcam. You couldn't remove them even if you tried...I believe they're in the glass. I'll double-check...I know the matrix on edge of windshield is in the glass itself...you cannot feel it

cgiGuy

Jul 9, 2013
Everywhere, Nowhere
I got a dash cam (E-Prance Mini0801) it worked great for 2 weeks and then the video had issues. Decided to upgrade to the BlackVue Wi-Fi DR500GW.

I attached the mount on the front windshield to the right of the rear view mirror with the double stick tape on the antenna raised dots. Anybody have any ideas how to safely remove this without scraping the dots off?

I also had the 801 mounted and then removed it. Once you get the corner of the mount up with a razor blade, you can usually "pop" the rest of the mount/adhesive off.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC