TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Help trying to get Konig Freeform

Discussion in 'Model 3: Driving Dynamics' started by TwoK4drSi, Oct 24, 2019.

1. TwoK4drSi

TwoK4drSi Member

So I finally found a wheel I like. Its off the shelf with the finish, offset, weight and design I like but there's 1 problem. Konig offers 2 finishes for this wheel (bronze and silver) but the rear they will ONLY finish it in bronze. They won't finish that wheel in the silver finish they offer FOR that specific wheel which is really dumb. Whats worst is that you can't even buy it for extra $$$ or order a blank. Anyone here that can help out an request the rear to be done in silver? All you need to do is PM them on facebook so they can get enough "interest". It doesn't make any sense to me at all.
    upload_2019-10-24_16-13-41.png

2. TheLocNar

TheLocNar Member

Try contacting the guys at getyourwheels.com.

I think they stock Konigs, and they can refinish them however you want.

3. yourotherleft

yourotherleft Member

Hi,
    I’m sort of in same boat, but with Rota. They need min order before they can order it.

4. SD_Engnr

SD_Engnr Active Member

Either run 8.5" wide square or calculate if a 9.5" +25 will fit, or get them painted to match. All of those options will be likely faster than expecting Konig to offer what you want.

5. P-Lo801

P-Lo801 Member

I thought I read someone having 10.5s in the rear with a et25 offset, and it fit just fine. So I would think that 9.5s with an et25 would fit just as well.

6. P-Lo801

P-Lo801 Member

7. TwoK4drSi

TwoK4drSi Member

He’s bagged so camber helps him run a lower offset.

8. TwoK4drSi

TwoK4drSi Member

Yeah but paying an extra $300 for finishing the wheel they offer in that finish is retarded. I’m standing my ground. I can honestly wait.

9. P-Lo801

P-Lo801 Member

hmm...good point. Still, I recall someone with a et25 offset and I thought I remember it being on coilovers. I'll check back in if I find it.

10. TwoK4drSi

TwoK4drSi Member

If I can find an manufacturer that can do a 8.5 ET 30 and 9.5 ET 35 that’s great but worst case I run 8.5 squared. They have videos of the concavity of the wheel so that’s what peaked my interest

11. P-Lo801

P-Lo801 Member

Yeah, I was initially looking at konig too, but the ampliforms or rennforms. These are offered in the specs you're looking for.

12. P-Lo801

P-Lo801 Member

Aftermarket Wheels on Model 3

That person is on coil suspension and running et23 on 9.5" width wheels. So I think et25 will fit.