TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Help Wanted:2000 Honda Insight Battery Pack Installation SF Bay Area

Discussion in 'Want to Buy' started by MitchJi, Aug 14, 2016.

1. MitchJi

MitchJi Active Member

Hi,

I need someone in the next few weeks to install a Battery Pack in a 2000 Honda Insight. I'm in Marin County but I can bring the car to any place in the SF Bay Area.

I'd prefer someone with experience, but I have a set of step by step directions, and it's not a difficult job. The man that wrote the instructions said he could do it in about an hour. I'd like to do it myself, but I'm too weak. I think I have all of the tools required to do the job efficiently.

I talked to two shops and got quotes for something like $400-$500.

My priorities are getting the job done correctly, without any hassles, and at a reasonable price.

If you are interested in doing this job, or know anyone who might be able to help me, please contact me via pm.

Thank You Very Much!

2. playoutside

playoutside Member

Check out Pat's garage in SF. I'm sure they could do it and they have tons of experience with EVs.

3. Jeff N

Jeff N Active Member

Or Luscious Garage in SF which specializes in hybrids. There is also a hybrid shop in Berkeley but I don't recall the name offhand.