Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help! What do I do with a flat tire?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What does a Tesla mobile service do? Are they able to remove the tire from the wheel and perform a proper repair like a tire shop would, or will they just put the equivalent to a Walmart plug in it?

Right now it’s easier for me to just meet up with Tesla mobile service tomorrow (if they actually show, still nothing showing I have an appointment from looking in the app). BUT, I feel much more comfortable with a proper repair from the inside… can Tesla do that?

Is this a fairly new Tesla? Because you will be getting a lot of nail/screw in tires. I rarely had nails in tire since the 80's. And I never had "screws" in tire. That's until I got Tesla. Between our 2 Tesla's, we got about 7 or 8 nail/screw in tires in the last 4 years. One time I even had a bolt in the Model X tire. Probably because EV are heavier. I know someone who got a Bentley and kept complaining about nails and screws in tires. I think Bentley is also very heavy.
It's because of the permanent magnet motors. Those ****ers just attract nails like crazy....

• Funny
Reactions: DrGriz
It's because of the permanent magnet motors. Those ****ers just attract nails like crazy....
LOL. I'll have to remember that one!

Tesla service was amazing on this. Roadside had me back in motion in less than two hours, two days later (first business day) Tesla mobile service did in fact come out with their tire repair van and got my tire repaired, mounted/balanced, and back on the vehicle within about 45 minutes. I think I'm out about $120 but the convenience was great! Local tire shops were at least a 20 minute drive (without traffic) and would have been a five hour wait on Saturday and who knows how long on Monday. One said they wouldn't even touch the tires because of the foam.

I'm curious how this would have played out if I was at home in the Tri Cities (closest Tesla service center is Spokane, about 2.5 hours away). I'm sure Seattle is really busy, but if they can fit you in, I'm sure they have way more chances of having the resources. This guy had a few tires if I needed a new tire etc. Wonder what mobile service is like when they're a couple hours from their base...

I was concerned about going on trips without a spare and having to rely on Tesla service. So I purchased an aftermarket rim (online at a reasonable price) and had a correctly rated tire installed. I also put a scissors jack in the Frunk. The spare takes up a bit of room in my MS but I have peace of mind on trips.
So far the spare has not been needed on trips but I have gotten 2 flats (nails) 10-20 miles from home. Both times I called a family member to bring the spare (kept in the garage) and do the tire change.

I was concerned about going on trips without a spare and having to rely on Tesla service. So I purchased an aftermarket rim (online at a reasonable price) and had a correctly rated tire installed. I also put a scissors jack in the Frunk. The spare takes up a bit of room in my MS but I have peace of mind on trips.
So far the spare has not been needed on trips but I have gotten 2 flats (nails) 10-20 miles from home. Both times I called a family member to bring the spare (kept in the garage) and do the tire change.

I literally couldn't have carried even a space saver spare with me this time, the vehicle was just totally packed when we moved here temporarily. Normally at home I've got a set of winter tires so if I could out to the car the next morning flat, I'll just switch to my winter wheels and go take the other to be repaired.