Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help. Winter energy consumption and range.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
50km (almost 8 kW) is a little too much, take it in for diagnostics. After a 10 hour work day parked, I lose maybe 10km? I'll have to pay attention.

Again this is a bit much, but seems normal to me given he had the snowflake icon displaying. I would estimate that could account for at least 30-40km of the total loss, at least at -10C.

I went from 304km on Monday night to 269km on Tuesday morning and it was -3 out when I parked outside. Probably 25km-30km of that was just snowflake and blue part of the battery.

Edit: Do you park outside and do you get the snowflake icon?

Edit2: If you are low range when you park, I think 50km or maybe under 100km the car will warn you that if it gets colder your range will drop like this.

Last night I lost 14km of range. Car was parked inside garage and the temperature was about 1C. So if leave it for two weeks will it be completely dead? What do you think?

That seems higher than should be expected. I assume this is a home garage? I park mine in my garage (also in GTA like you) and I don't see substantial amounts of drain overnight if I leave the car unplugged (which I normally don't do).

Are you preheating the car in the garage in the mornings? That can take off a fair amount of range in a short period of time.

My usual end-of-day routine it to park the car in the garage, plug in the charger and leave the car plugged in until morning. The car will automatically start charging at 8:00 (32a) and stop when the battery hits 90%. In the morning I preheat the car about 10 min before leaving (while car is still plugged in) and then unplug before heading out.

Personally, I would suggest leaving the car plugged in after charging to minimize overnight drain. As for the two weeks, why not just plug it into a 15a outlet and it'll keep itself topped up as long as you have scheduled charging on for the off-peak hours.

I've been time charging to 90% everyday just in case there's a meltdown on the 401 :)

Isn't the 401 more or less in full meltdown mode 24x7 these days? ;)

That seems higher than should be expected. I assume this is a home garage? I park mine in my garage (also in GTA like you) and I don't see substantial amounts of drain overnight if I leave the car unplugged (which I normally don't do).

Are you preheating the car in the garage in the mornings? That can take off a fair amount of range in a short period of time.

My usual end-of-day routine it to park the car in the garage, plug in the charger and leave the car plugged in until morning. The car will automatically start charging at 8:00 (32a) and stop when the battery hits 90%. In the morning I preheat the car about 10 min before leaving (while car is still plugged in) and then unplug before heading out.

Personally, I would suggest leaving the car plugged in after charging to minimize overnight drain. As for the two weeks, why not just plug it into a 15a outlet and it'll keep itself topped up as long as you have scheduled charging on for the off-peak hours.

Isn't the 401 more or less in full meltdown mode 24x7 these days? ;)

Seems like a good idea with the 15A. Thank you