Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

help with 14-30 adapter and charging times in dryer

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm at a rental for the last week. Yeah. Been charging at Cape Code home using 30 amp 50 foot extension cord. I get 18 miles an hour. dryer is 220 volts. see photo. The local Tesla store will carry this 14-30 adapter as its not for sale at the online store.
That photo shows a 10-30 receptacle and adapter, not a 14-30. And it's pretty doubtful you'll be able to get either one at a Tesla store anymore, as they were discontinued last year. The stores are telling customers that their remaining stock is for warranty replacement and cannot be sold.

That photo shows a 10-30 receptacle and adapter, not a 14-30. And it's pretty doubtful you'll be able to get either one at a Tesla store anymore, as they were discontinued last year. The stores are telling customers that their remaining stock is for warranty replacement and cannot be sold.

There is a reasonable/better chance of getting the 10-30. To my knowledge, there are less than 10 14-30's left in the country.

I'm at a rental for the last week. Yeah. Been charging at Cape Code home using 30 amp 50 foot extension cord. I get 18 miles an hour. dryer is 220 volts. see photo. The local Tesla store will carry this 14-30 adapter as its not for sale at the online store.
Hmm.. your pictures show:
1) a 14-30R outlet
2) a 14-30P plug - head on, so we can't see what's at the other end (is this a Tesla UMC adapter or some homebrew?)
3) a 10-30P plug (looks like a Tesla UMC adapter) and a 10-30R receptacle wired to something offscreen (maybe to the 14-30P shown in picture 2?)

Could you elaborate a bit on how your 3 pictures relate to each other? Thanks. (FWIW, I have a 10-30 UMC adapter, cannot find a 14-30 and have been contemplating building a 14-30P-10-30R connector).