Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help with accessories for 2021 Model Y..

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey All,

Taking delivery of a 2021 Model Y soon. Was looking for some suggestions on accessories..

I'm going to pickup the 3d Maxpider mats when they revise the mold to better fit the 2021's. I'm told in a few weeks. Would you
get the cargo mat they provide or someone suggested the Tesmanian one..

I've installed a 14-50 outlet with 50 Amp circuit so i'm ready with that.. I've also ordered the 14-50 adapter..

Regarding screen protector, which is recommended most?

What about console organization? Sunglass holder?

I was thinking of not getting a phone holder, just use the wireless charger and just pickup the phone when I need to use it.. I don't see myself using Waze or other apps while driving.

I was going to just get the front mud guards from Tesla and forego the back and the PPF for the rear area from Tesla. I'll have my local detailer do PPF on the front/partial and hood/side fender.. I will also do the tint..

Any other suggestions/comments are appreciated..

AUTAILORS Floor Mats for 2021 Model Y, 9-piece set. You'll have access to both trunk storage compartments without having to lift one large piece.

Spigen Tempered Glass Screen Protector. I got matte version.
Has a very handy alignment tool (plastic frame) for precise positioning of the glass on the screen

A couple people say the Spigen causes the screen to be a big blurry? Thoughts?

If you plan to charge at home using the Tesla Mobile Connector consider adding the Tesla Cable Organizer kit or similar from Amazon. The kit contains a hook for the charging cable; also just as important the kit includes a wall mount for the Mobile Connector chassis. The Mobile Connector should not hang supported only by the 14-50 plug adapter. If out of stock on the Tesla site then enter your email and you will be notified when the store item is available.
Cable Organizer

In addition to the Spigen screen protector the Abstract Ocean screen protector is a popular option, available in either glossy or matte finish.
Abstract Ocean - Tesla Model Y Accessories

The Tesla vehicle comes with a Tesla 128GB thumb drive. This type of memory storage device is not well suited to high volume read/write operations as with the Tesla Dashcam and Sentry Mode. The Tesla thumb drive is a nice bit of swag but for more dependable, longer lasting recording use an SSD or a MicroSD card with a USB adapter. The MicroSD card should be an Endurance type card (High Endurance - Sandisk, PRO Endurance - Samsung) Sandisk now sells a combination USB adapter and High Endurance MicroSD card as a bundle, saves a few dollars. (Note: The Tesla software now supports formatting, using exFAT and NTFS in addition to FAT32 so there is no issue when formatting a larger capacity memory storage device. Unless you plan to store a large music collection on the device a 128GB MicroSD card is more than enough for Dashcam and Sentry Mode recordings. (Dashcam only stores the most recent 1 hour of video unless you save the event clip (10 minute buffer); 128GB is enough storage for ~17 hours of Tesla video.)

Last edited:
Reactions: dyau
AUTAILORS Floor Mats for 2021 Model Y, 9-piece set. You'll have access to both trunk storage compartments without having to lift one large piece.

Spigen Tempered Glass Screen Protector. I got matte version.
Has a very handy alignment tool (plastic frame) for precise positioning of the glass on the screen
Love the screen protector idea. Good to know they come with an alignment tool.

.. Wow, Just watched there video. Looks so easy.

Get your center console tray from Tesla. It contains trays for both the forward and rear console bins.

These are the mats that look the most appealing to me - they look similar to the 3D Maxpider mats, but cheaper and without the logo (I'm not crazy about branding all over my accessories, especially something like floor mats that we'd see every time we enter the car):

And it looks like these are supposed to be specifically fit to the new seat mount. Anyone already ordered these? The title is confusing since it says pre-order, but the date's already past and it shows them as "In Stock"...

As for console organization, here are the items I bought, and I love the combination:

The sliding tray is especially useful since it slides easily - you still have access to the lower well of that compartment (where I keep USB game controllers, cables, other miscellaneous items I don't need as often) and then in the top compartment I keep my mask, sunglasses, etc. And the hidden compartment in the armrest - honestly, I just got this because it seemed cool, but it IS useful for keeping emergency cash or other valuables in.

Reactions: tshields
These are the mats that look the most appealing to me - they look similar to the 3D Maxpider mats, but cheaper and without the logo (I'm not crazy about branding all over my accessories, especially something like floor mats that we'd see every time we enter the car):

And it looks like these are supposed to be specifically fit to the new seat mount. Anyone already ordered these? The title is confusing since it says pre-order, but the date's already past and it shows them as "In Stock"...
Hello,

We are actually now out of the pre order stage as our inventory is being shipped on Wednesday (April 28th, 2021). We have removed pre order from our site and will be bringing up the price gradually to regular MSRP ($179.99 -$189.99 for 3 piece 2020 and 2021 MY) as we get closer to delivery. To make our product available to all customers, we also decided on doing a Phase II Pre-order where those same mats will be $99.99 however, they will take 40 - 60 days to be delivered.

- Jason

White Interior?

If so, popular options are ColourLock New Leather Care Kit, recommended by Chicago Auto Pros, he uses it on his own Ultra White interior. Or you can look for a Ceramic coat to put on them to avoid any type of jean dye transfer that may be tough to wipe off.

Get your center console tray from Tesla. It contains trays for both the forward and rear console bins.

They're usually "out of stock." I'm on their email notification list, got an email from and 8 hrs later from the email being sent, they're out of stock again.

Hello,

We are actually now out of the pre order stage as our inventory is being shipped on Wednesday (April 28th, 2021). We have removed pre order from our site and will be bringing up the price gradually to regular MSRP ($179.99 -$189.99 for 3 piece 2020 and 2021 MY) as we get closer to delivery. To make our product available to all customers, we also decided on doing a Phase II Pre-order where those same mats will be $99.99 however, they will take 40 - 60 days to be delivered.

- Jason
Jason,

I am getting a MY7 next week. The 7 seater floor mats will be 4 pieces, correct? Just want to make sure that I will have a mat to cover the third row.

Jason,

I am getting a MY7 next week. The 7 seater floor mats will be 4 pieces, correct? Just want to make sure that I will have a mat to cover the third row.
Yes the mats come with 4 pieces. Two front, one back seat, and one third row. Please note that the third row is still being developed so we automatically send those separately at no additional cost which will be Q3 2021.