Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help with buying from a Dealer with no warranty

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
one more monkey wrench....

You mentioned that it was mostly local driving and that your commute was 15 total miles... you might consider looking for a 2015 60.... for about the same amount of money you could get the AP1 which has all the updated safety features at the expense of a bit of range that you don't really seem to need in the first place....

food for thought.... LOL

OMG... for every question there is another question

value seems ok but if you can get the list of options that would be helpful... you did not mention pano roof, are the black seats leather or textile, does it have the premium upgrade package which gives you some lighting differences, power lift gate, and some other goodies but I am not an expert on that package....19s are a more comfy ride especially without air suspension and hopefully there is some significant tread left...also does this have a sub zero package (not that you need it) or the dual chargers) the lack of radio upgrade means you cannot put XM into your car if that matters to you unless you connect it through your phone,... like i said the original sticker or options list would be helpful..

No LTE is not a problem it is a $500 upgrade and not worth it at all... As I understand it Tesla regulates the data speed anyway so there is little gain in LTE over 3g

the only way to say if insurance is good or bad is to compare it to what you are currently paying or would be paying on the x3 it should be negligibly different

you can go on your power company website and see if they have EV rates

Also plan on around $700-$1200 to put a charger in your house depending on your situation and current power configuration.

What you need to learn on the battery is range at 90% and 100% the owner should be able to tell you that (and show you that easily) my 2014 P85+ has a range of 234 - 235 miles @90% and 265 at 100% which I think is really good.. those are the numbers you are looking for... if he tells you his 90% is 220 miles you have some battery degradation to consider..

the fact that the car has all software updates is just fluff... updates are automatic so that is not a selling point at all.

the other safety features like blind spot monitoring and so forth were not introduced in the Model S until AP1 came along so in this case the X3 has more advanced features.... 2014s have parking sensors and folding mirrors LOL

the car also has no spare tire and that is dealt with by roadside assistance but i have no idea how that works with a service center so far away.... although there are many owners in that same boat so they could tell you better than I could.

in terms of value it seems well priced compared to CPOs currently available... look in the marketplace section and see if there is a comparable car... people are not shy about assessing a car's value in that part of the forum...

Other people may know more about this than i do but i also think there is a way that he can bring the car to Tesla and get it evaluated for a fee of course but it might be money well spent and since it has a month or so left of factory warranty it might be a great time to have Tesla go over the car thoroughly....

Good Luck ... PS there was no picture attached....
Lol, sorry @Markk993 for my question in every answer, but your detainees is very much appreciated.
I have image of his 90% charge and its 239 mi.
Regarding vehicle - yes it has panoramic rood, no Alcantara just regular with piano black finish, has updraded tech package.
Regarding connections at home , i have new house to have 220v dryer outlet amd based on electricians, will cost 300 to 400 extra for putting outlet in garage.
Regarding insurance compare for x3, its 320 for x3 and 408 for tesla.
And finally,
1. if i ask seller that i will pay 47k if he buy 2yr exted warranty ESA , is it good deal?
2. do i must have to go every yr for service to keep warranty active?
3. Will i be able to extend warranty after 2 yr by myself or not possible?

I really thankful for your reply as no one here in my city has tesla that i can meet him and discuss all these points.

You mentioned that it was mostly local driving and that your commute was 15 total miles... you might consider looking for a 2015 60.... for about the same amount of money you could get the AP1 which has all the updated safety features at the expense of a bit of range that you don't really seem to need in the first place....

food for thought.... LOL
Yes, that is good idea , i was looking for 85 as my service center is far and if i have to take it, i can reach on time.

food for thought.... LOL

Another problem with 2015-16 with s 60 and AP is that cost more than 50k. My budget is max 50k with sales tax.

This is great , let me reach to home and do some research as we were not looking for model 3 or not have driving exp. But yours is good. I will contact you. Btw, i was there in portland Beaverton for 2 yrs. Great place.

That's not mine, mine's waaaaaay more than that =)

I just saw that ad while I was looking at other cars for sale, there are a bunch of cars in Oregon and WA in your price range.

That's not mine, mine's waaaaaay more than that =)

I just saw that ad while I was looking at other cars for sale, there are a bunch of cars in Oregon and WA in your price range.

ok great... It just i am not seeing those cars on any site but i guess, i have to look for CL. If you come across any, let me know. Appreciate that.

Found a 2015 P85D ?L w/ 33k for low 60's. Car looks very clean. Don't know the full specs on this car yet but thought it was a good deal compared to CPO's. Was really interested in it but what you all have said about buying from a dealer gets me nervous....

Found a 2015 P85D ?L w/ 33k for low 60's. Car looks very clean. Don't know the full specs on this car yet but thought it was a good deal compared to CPO's. Was really interested in it but what you all have said about buying from a dealer gets me nervous....

You will want to ask Tesla, but any Tesla that has been has been in the hands of a dealership or broker is flagged and you will never be able to buy an ESA for that car. But before you take mine or anyone else's word for it I would call Tesla or your local SC and ask them. There seems to be varying opinions out there about this.

Hello friends, i am getting this deal from one person , please guide me if its good one to go for it.

2014 model s 85 with CPO warr till aug 2021.
19 in wheel, no panoramic roof
Blue metalic , tan interior, new tires,
Lighted T logo, fibre spoiler, tesla center console.
Price $43000

Please let me know friends, appreciate any help amd guidance.