Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help with charging - Scheduled vs. Departure - how to switch

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What am I doing wrong? I have searched all related threads and haven't been able to find an answer and I RTFM and I still don't understand what I am missing.

I want to use "Scheduled Charging" to start at 12AM which is my lowest rate and will easily support my typical charging needs.

For whatever reason my M3LR seems to be stuck on Scheduled Departure or at least it keeps switching back to it.

Tonight I opened the charging app on the in car display, clicked "switch to scheduled charging", and then plugged in the car. It immediately started charging. I can manually "stop" charging but then it doesn't seem to switch to scheduled. I have tried this several time, checked in climate settings etc.

I can't figure out what I am missing. I want to plug in when I get home > start charging at 12AM > ideally stop at 6AM. Any ideas?

What am I doing wrong? I have searched all related threads and haven't been able to find an answer and I RTFM and I still don't understand what I am missing.

I want to use "Scheduled Charging" to start at 12AM which is my lowest rate and will easily support my typical charging needs.

For whatever reason my M3LR seems to be stuck on Scheduled Departure or at least it keeps switching back to it.

Tonight I opened the charging app on the in car display, clicked "switch to scheduled charging", and then plugged in the car. It immediately started charging. I can manually "stop" charging but then it doesn't seem to switch to scheduled. I have tried this several time, checked in climate settings etc.

I can't figure out what I am missing. I want to plug in when I get home > start charging at 12AM > ideally stop at 6AM. Any ideas?
You need to open the settings for the off peak charging and set this to the time when the off peak charging stops (06.00am) and then when you plug your car it, it will know to be charged to the amount of percentage that you set. If it starts charging straight away, press "stop charging" and it will delay the start. If you turn on pre conditioning, then set this at what time you are leaving your house and your battery and interior will be sorted.