Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help with Choosing Center Console Wrap for SR+

Which Console Wrap looks better with the Partial Premium Interior Option 1 or Option 2

• Option 1

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • Option 2

Votes: 4 44.4%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello All. Need some help choosing which one of these 2 ABS plastic black matte console wraps goes better with the black partial premium interior. I know I ultimately need to make the final choice but its tough which one goes better and I kind of like both. Option 1 looks to have a little more glass to it while Option 2 is more flat.

Option 1 Pic 2.JPG Option 1 Pic 1.JPG Option 1 Pic 3.JPG Option 2 Pic 3.JPG Option 2 Pic 2.JPG Option 2 Pic 1.JPG Option 1 vs Option 2.JPG

So which specific product did you purchase for each of these and how hard were they to apply? Was one easier / more forgiving than the other to install?

I haven't installed either yet. I got them both from amazon. They actually look the same other then the coating color/textrure . They pretty much have the dame curves, look to have the same plastic on the back and have the 3M tape in the same positions. Option 1 has a small strip for the very top panel but it actually looks like they cut it wrong. I mean they look very easy to apply which is why i got them. Didn't want the hassle of the vinyl or leather wraps. Just peel and stick pretty much.

Option 1
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07ZP4K52Y/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Option 2

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07ZSGN7TD/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Reactions: tct118
I haven't installed either yet. I got them both from amazon. They actually look the same other then the coating color/textrure . They pretty much have the dame curves, look to have the same plastic on the back and have the 3M tape in the same positions. Option 1 has a small strip for the very top panel but it actually looks like they cut it wrong. I mean they look very easy to apply which is why i got them. Didn't want the hassle of the vinyl or leather wraps. Just peel and stick pretty much.

Option 1
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07ZP4K52Y/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Option 2

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07ZSGN7TD/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Thanks for posting about these. I think I'll try these instead of a vinyl wrap. Which one matches better with the plastic finish on the steering wheel?

Reactions: sa012
I mean they look very easy to apply which is why i got them. Didn't want the hassle of the vinyl or leather wraps. Just peel and stick pretty much

I agree, easier would be nice and makes it very appealing, but I'm worried that since the entire back surface isn't adhering to the plastic, that it will feel loose or have a bubble effect to it. Also, what kind of residue will be left if you want to remove, as with vinyl there should be none?

I will be very curious to hear how it turns out once you make a choice and put one on, especially about my first concern.

Reactions: sa012
I agree, easier would be nice and makes it very appealing, but I'm worried that since the entire back surface isn't adhering to the plastic, that it will feel loose or have a bubble effect to it. Also, what kind of residue will be left if you want to remove, as with vinyl there should be none?

I will be very curious to hear how it turns out once you make a choice and put one on, especially about my first concern.

I am leaning toward option 2.....I have attached a photo and there is a decent amount of the 3M tape. At least for option 2 it states the following:

Easier Installation within 5 mins- Compares to others
1. Clean the center console panels entirely.
2. Tear off the 3M tape and Paste in the appropriate location.
3. Finished and Get more advanced Tesla Model 3!!!

Advantage - Compares to others
1. ABS plastic is hard and durable than instead of cheap vinyl. Make your Tesla Model 3 stand out.
2. Don't worry! It will not affect the key card working
3. If you decide to restore the original OEM, can be removed and will not leave smudge marks.

IMG_8219.JPG

Thanks for posting about these. I think I'll try these instead of a vinyl wrap. Which one matches better with the plastic finish on the steering wheel?

This is so unfair! I had to spent over 1 hour inside the car wrapping, unwrap, adjust, rewrap....and OP could just stick them on in 2 minutes and be done? :p Seriously if these were available back then I would never had tried to wrap something myself pre-cut or not. I will show these to my coworker. He bought the same pre-cut set as I but he failed on his first attempt and decided it was too hard to try it again.

This is so unfair! I had to spent over 1 hour inside the car wrapping, unwrap, adjust, rewrap....and OP could just stick them on in 2 minutes and be done? :p Seriously if these were available back then I would never had tried to wrap something myself pre-cut or not. I will show these to my coworker. He bought the same pre-cut set as I but he failed on his first attempt and decided it was too hard to try it again.

Haha!! I know what you are saying. I don't want that headache either. Watched a bunch of videos on how to install those vinyl wraps and I knew I would never get it to look perfect.

Hello All. Need some help choosing which one of these 2 ABS plastic black matte console wraps goes better with the black partial premium interior. I know I ultimately need to make the final choice but its tough which one goes better and I kind of like both. Option 1 looks to have a little more glass to it while Option 2 is more flat.

View attachment 497920 View attachment 497921 View attachment 497922 View attachment 497923 View attachment 497924 View attachment 497925 View attachment 497926

Thanks for the information. I have been looking for a decent cover and the fake carbon really isn't my vibe.

#2 looks like it gets scratched easily, or did it come with that scratch near the cup holder? Appreciate the information.

Thanks for the information. I have been looking for a decent cover and the fake carbon really isn't my vibe.

#2 looks like it gets scratched easily, or did it come with that scratch near the cup holder? Appreciate the information.

Good catch on the mark near the cup holder. Looks to be a imperfection.....not a scratch. I already contacted the seller about it a few days ago and they are sending me a whole new package no questions asked. Here is the description on the Amazon page. Says protects against scratches.

• ABS Matte Black Center Console Wrap Kit is specially engineered for Tesla Model 3 owner's.
  • Matte Style- Perfect match with original interior decoration. Made of premium ABS material, which is hard and reduces fingerprints, protects against scratches. The Console Wrap Kit offers a sporty and luxury interior feel.
  • Why We Choose ABS- Just tear off the 3M tape and will not leave traces when remove the console wrap kit. Compared to other kits in the market, our product is easier to install.
  • Tesla Model 3 Accessories: Center Console Wrap Kit includes, one top wrap, one center wrap, one cup holder wrap.
  • BMZX PROMISE - Ensure your absolute satisfaction with every purchase. Thus, we offer a LIFETIME, NO-QUESTIONS-ASKED, MONEY-BACK to our tesla model 3 owner after ordering our center console wrap kit

Good catch on the mark near the cup holder. Looks to be a imperfection.....not a scratch. I already contacted the seller about it a few days ago and they are sending me a whole new package no questions asked. Here is the description on the Amazon page. Says protects against scratches.

• ABS Matte Black Center Console Wrap Kit is specially engineered for Tesla Model 3 owner's.
  • Matte Style- Perfect match with original interior decoration. Made of premium ABS material, which is hard and reduces fingerprints, protects against scratches. The Console Wrap Kit offers a sporty and luxury interior feel.
  • Why We Choose ABS- Just tear off the 3M tape and will not leave traces when remove the console wrap kit. Compared to other kits in the market, our product is easier to install.
  • Tesla Model 3 Accessories: Center Console Wrap Kit includes, one top wrap, one center wrap, one cup holder wrap.
  • BMZX PROMISE - Ensure your absolute satisfaction with every purchase. Thus, we offer a LIFETIME, NO-QUESTIONS-ASKED, MONEY-BACK to our tesla model 3 owner after ordering our center console wrap kit

Thanks for the response, glad to hear they are making this right. Ordering a set and the dash cover in the same material now!

thanks

I've been going back and forth on whether to install either option of a console wrap or plastic covers as the OP has shown here. The biggest issue is that in most (all?) of the various photos I've seen so far (in various threads and reviews), the fit and finish of the console panels/covers do not appear 100% perfectly aligned from one panel to the next. This would really bug me and I think the standard black gloss surfaces tend to help hide alignment imperfections and uneven seams between panels.

To those who have installed either wraps or covers, am I right or do all the photos make it appear wonkier than it actually is?