Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help with cruise control etc

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
we are new users (2 weeks) and as I said, I couldn't replicate the issue reported by my better half, i.e. autosteer not kicking in on double-tap when NoA was not set to activate automatically. but she's not daft, I believe her (I've experienced inconsistency in the car myself - like the headlights coming on full even though auto headlights was turned off).

still can't work out how to activate NoA on an ad-hoc basis.

Another tip on autosteer. There has to be the little grey wheel at the top for autosteer to be available on the road you are driving. When you double tap the wheel turns blue.

There was a stretch of dual carriageway near me where the wheel disappeared and so did autosteer for about a mile and then normality was restored as the wheel reappeared.

It might the route of her journey or her double tap or any variation or variety of all!

The speed limits, I find it only changes to the speed limit on single carriageways, it’s never done it on dual carriageways or motorways. At best it will update the speed limit sign but not the TACC speed.

On single carriageway it can be temperamental but it will also never go above the speed when you turn it on, ie it will go 60->50->60 but not 50->60->50

For lane changing type stuff. it’s worth a read of the manual (which you can find on the net), but with EAP automated lane changes will only happen if it thinks it’s safe when you ask it too. I gave up on it though it was so frustrating and when I changed my car I didn’t bother with EAP again.
Similar experience here.

Has anyone mentioned that it only responds to speed limit changes when Autosteer is active? If using TACC alone it ignores speed limit changes completely.

As for lane changes I abandoned EAP/FSD. It's much easier and quicker to change lanes manually with a quick flick of the steering wheel, lol. It did take me 4 years of suffering to realise that though! The mental effort involved in anticipating auto-lane-change manoeuvres defeats the point of something that is trivial to achieve manually. The only downside is having to re-activate AP after changing lane, but I actually find that less irritating than slow/unpredictable auto lane changes.

Reactions: RCMY