Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help with die transfer from seatbelts in 3rd row to the seats.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Gotta coat those seats!
Don't use a steam cleaner because it will most likely take off the white.
I've had good results with leather master strong cleaner. Amazon.com: Leather Master Strong Leather Cleaner : Health & Household
And I found with many dye issues, it fades over time!
I had a homer simpson bucket leak it's orange onto my grey lexus seats and it actually went away on its own with time after the strong cleaner

Just updating people on my issue with the dye transfer from the seatbelts.

Tesla is replacing the entire third row. Unfortunately even after arguing that it's a manufacturer
defect, the best they'll do is $195. Went with it and now my seats are fine again.

Just updating people on my issue with the dye transfer from the seatbelts.

Tesla is replacing the entire third row. Unfortunately even after arguing that it's a manufacturer
defect, the best they'll do is $195. Went with it and now my seats are fine again.
What service center did you go to? I'm still being told.that there's nothing they can do from mine.

The seatbelt on mine actually punctured the seat within the first month after I got it. Tesla replaced the seat under warranty even though the warranty actually doesn't cover punctures. I've since bought child seat covers to absorb the impact when the seats fold down. So, that's also something to look out for.

The seatbelt on mine actually punctured the seat within the first month after I got it. Tesla replaced the seat under warranty even though the warranty actually doesn't cover punctures. I've since bought child seat covers to absorb the impact when the seats fold down. So, that's also something to look out for.

What service center?

Welp its mostly gone unfortunately the far corners on the third row didnt get replaced. So theres still a stain. Im trying to see if they can do anything but even if they cant I still think that having the majority of it on the main seat cushions is fine. I can live with it at this point.

20210930_102835.jpg

Welp its mostly gone unfortunately the far corners on the third row didnt get replaced. So theres still a stain. Im trying to see if they can do anything but even if they cant I still think that having the majority of it on the main seat cushions is fine. I can live with it at this point.

View attachment 716342

So the tech said they'll get mobile repair to order the parts and replace it. Unfortunately, this is the same tech who said they'd order a replacement seat and would contact me to come in but never did. So i'm not holding much to his word on this one either. I figure I'll wait a week, then put in a request again via service app.