Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help with die transfer from seatbelts in 3rd row to the seats.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ironically, I had this same problem on my 67 Firebird. I re-dyed the original seatbelts using RiT dye to make them nice and black, washed them a few times and they looked great. I then installed them ...with my new parchment seats. Needless to say, they bled onto the seats...would not come out. Doh!

Has anyone had their 3rd row replaced because of this?
I was so happy to receive our Y but unfortunately our 7 seater came w many issues. Die on the 3rd row was one of them. SC replaced the white interior but not the seatbelts 😒 mechanic gave us bs on how the white will just stain no matter what. I’ll probably do the towel thing and wrap the belts. Maybe the grease will soak out some.

I was so happy to receive our Y but unfortunately our 7 seater came w many issues. Die on the 3rd row was one of them. SC replaced the white interior but not the seatbelts 😒 mechanic gave us bs on how the white will just stain no matter what. I’ll probably do the towel thing and wrap the belts. Maybe the grease will soak out some.
Ive had my 3rd row seatbelts wrapped in a white towel and no issue so far. But yea, its super annoying how it's only the third row with this problem.

I could not get my SC to replace the interior for the life of me, still waiting on a "permanent solution" before they will do anything 1 year later :(

Sorry to report this problem exist on my 2020 M3 back seats. Die from Seat belts transferred to back seat backs after awhile. To this day I wasn’t able to get it off and last time I had mobile Tech over for other warranty claim he suggested that I open ticket to get it replaced by warranty. Pretty crazy that this wasn’t caught by Tesla QA. It is not exclusive to 3rd row for sure.

Has anyone had any luck getting their 3rd row replaced or heard if new builds have resolved this issue?
I have not, I was told that I was added to a list and once they have a resolution I would be contacted. In the mean time I have purchased these and have them on all the seatbelts that make contact with the leather, primarily in the third row and a couple in the middle row. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09M8GHSF5/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1.

I am also considering these two dye kits to cover up the stains:

Colourlock Leather Fresh Dye Repair: https://www.amazon.com/Colourlock-L...fos.18ed3cb5-28d5-4975-8bc7-93deae8f9840&th=1

Seat Doctor Tesla Leather Dye: Tesla Leather Dye — Seat Doctors

Has anyone used either of the two dye products with success?

Any one here have any luck getting Tesla to replace their 3rd row seats yet? I have a service appointment in March for my yearly tire swap along with post salty winter roads maintenance and am going to try to push to get this finally resolved.

Reactions: Tony_YYZ
Any one here have any luck getting Tesla to replace their 3rd row seats yet? I have a service appointment in March for my yearly tire swap along with post salty winter roads maintenance and am going to try to push to get this finally resolved.

Just picked up my car, after firmly complaining about this at least 5 times now the service center is ordering new seat covers for the third row as a good will replacement. Parts are on order, I'll update once the work is complete... Does anyone have a recommendation as to what I can wrap the seatbelts in while folded flat to prevent this from happening again?

I’m failing to understand how replacing the seats will solve the problem. Won’t the seatbelts just stain the replacement seats all over again?

When we fold our seats down, you pull the seatbelt strap around the back of the seat that way its not being pinched.
I saw the minor stain when I picked up our MY7. I honestly cant be bothered.....life is too short.

When we fold our seats down, you pull the seatbelt strap around the back of the seat that way its not being pinched.
I saw the minor stain when I picked up our MY7. I honestly cant be bothered.....life is too short.
Yeah I do the same after I read that trick in this thread I believe. I can’t rely on Tesla to truly fix the issue and didn’t want to deal with the back and forth with them so I just wipe the areas down whenever I’m cleaning out the interior. Good enough for me.

It sucks that this is an issue but it’s not worth the hassle for me.