TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Help with Exterior Color

Discussion in 'Model X: Interior & Exterior' started by wqu06, Mar 19, 2017.

1. wqu06

wqu06 Member

Hey guys, I have a Model X 75D on order and I have until this Monday (3-20) to finalize my order. I definitely want the white seats but am having trouble deciding on the exterior color. I have narrowed it down to Midnight Silver, Silver, or White. Does anyone here have these combinations with pictures that I can take a look at to make my decision? Thanks!

2. dragonxt

dragonxt Active Member

I would not go with Midnight Silver, as it looks slightly strange with white in my opinion. Same with black, although you'd think the black and white would look fine. Midnight Silver is also MUCH harder to maintain, unless you like washing every week or so. This is the same for Blue, but when paired with white seats blue and white may be well worth it. :p

White or Silver are both good options, I personally like White on a Tesla, keeps in futuristic while being easy to maintain and have looking clean.[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. 3s-a-charm

3s-a-charm Active Member

I have white with white seats... was my wife's choice. I prefer midnight Silver with white seats - little more masculine. You can't go wrong with the combinations - they all look good so just pick one and enjoy your X! :)

4. dprisoner

dprisoner Member

I went with the Blue with White interior. Might have been a subconscious link to classic Doctor Who ;-)

5. wqu06

wqu06 Member

So I went with the Pearl White exterior. I plan on powder coating the rims black or dark grey. Anyone have any suggestions what type of powder coating looks best with the Pearl White paint (matte, gloss, etc)?

• Like x 1
  6. dragonxt

dragonxt Active Member

The stock rims don't look very good glossy.

I'd go with satin. Matches pretty well. GL!

• Like x 1
  7. 3s-a-charm

3s-a-charm Active Member

Congrats!

IMG_1402.JPG

8. Dana Scharf

Dana Scharf New Member

I just took delivery of a 100X with Midnight Silver exterior and white interior. I LOVE IT! Here are some pictures I used when trying to make my decision. I also saw a Pearl White with white interior in the showroom. It was beautiful as well. Good luck!

Attached Files:

9. dragonxt

dragonxt Active Member

He's already made a decision. This thread is pretty much done.