Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help with new pressure washer!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello everyone. I've found threads on this on different forums but I find such a vast gap between opinions.

I just bought a gas pressure washer today, 3000 psi and ~2.4 gpm, 25 degree nozzle and an MTM Hydro Pf22.
I was wondering what PSI I should use with the 25 degree nozzle when washing or rinsing the car. Then what psi should I use with the MTM Hydro 1.1mm fitting attached? I'd like some visual pleasure blowing my load of foam on the car.

Also the guy at Lowes told me to use gas without ethanol but the manual says up to 10 percent ethanol is okay? Is there a huge drawback to using gas with ~10 percent ethanol?

First time I'll be using a pressure washer anywhere besides a driveway.

Thanks!

Hello everyone. I've found threads on this on different forums but I find such a vast gap between opinions.

I just bought a gas pressure washer today, 3000 psi and ~2.4 gpm, 25 degree nozzle and an MTM Hydro Pf22.
I was wondering what PSI I should use with the 25 degree nozzle when washing or rinsing the car. Then what psi should I use with the MTM Hydro 1.1mm fitting attached? I'd like some visual pleasure blowing my load of foam on the car.

Also the guy at Lowes told me to use gas without ethanol but the manual says up to 10 percent ethanol is okay? Is there a huge drawback to using gas with ~10 percent ethanol?

First time I'll be using a pressure washer anywhere besides a driveway.

Thanks!
Use a lighter psi for safety but ultimately just don’t get the nozzle too close to the car. 18” is about right.

As for the fuel, ethanol eats these little engines apart. If you are not going to use the engine for a week or two, make sure you run it out completely so the lines don’t have fuel sitting in them. Should be ok. I also use premium gas. When filling up the portable can, the difference is pennies.

Use a lighter psi for safety but ultimately just don’t get the nozzle too close to the car. 18” is about right.

As for the fuel, ethanol eats these little engines apart. If you are not going to use the engine for a week or two, make sure you run it out completely so the lines don’t have fuel sitting in them.

I'm not to sure what a lighter PSI would be. 2000psi? I was told by the guy at Lowes to just make sure I keep it at an angle and dont shoot straight at the paint and keep it a good distance away.

What do you mean by run the fuel out? Sorry btw, I'm super noob :D Should I just fill it up a bit so I dont leave a lot of gas in there after I'm done? I might just wash my parents car too so I'm using it every two weeks.

I skip the gas station stuff and use TruFuel in my pressure washer. It is available at Lowes and HD. It is expensive at approx. $20/gal. It is ethanol-free and contains a fuel stabilizer that gives it a 2-year shelf life after it is opened. Use the 4-cycle fuel in the grey can for a pressure washer.

Last edited:
I'm not to sure what a lighter PSI would be. 2000psi? I was told by the guy at Lowes to just make sure I keep it at an angle and dont shoot straight at the paint and keep it a good distance away.

What do you mean by run the fuel out? Sorry btw, I'm super noob :D Should I just fill it up a bit so I dont leave a lot of gas in there after I'm done? I might just wash my parents car too so I'm using it every two weeks.
I mean run it until it runs out of gas and turns off! For lower PSI, there should be different tips that go on the end of the sprayer. One of them should be 40 degrees (probably white). Use that one.

I mean run it until it runs out of gas and turns off! For lower PSI, there should be different tips that go on the end of the sprayer. One of them should be 40 degrees (probably white). Use that one.
Yep yep got one, thanks so much for the help man :D I might just try to use it every two weeks to keep some of the fuel moving.

I skip the gas station stuff and use TruFuel in my pressure washer. It is available at Lowes and HD. It is expensive at approx. $20/gal. It is ethanol-free and contains a fuel stabilizer that gives it a 2-year shelf life after it is opened. Use the 4-cycle fuel in the grey can for a pressure washer.
Yikes! Since I'm not using the pressure washer all the time I might check it out thanks :D

You purchased a petrol carbon water blaster to hit the car at 3000psi and you ask once you purchased how to use it. Take it back for a refund and use your garden hose. A car is not a concrete drive and by the way you shouldn't need a water blaster at all on your house or concrete drive.

I'm thinking the OP needed to buy an electric pressure washer like I have.

And, I should have gotten a gas one.

I need whatever PSI + Nozzle size is needed to knock a bees nest off my second story where its right under the roof overhang.

I'm too much of chicken to climb the ladder all the way up there, and the spray won't currently reach.