Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help with prepping for first car please

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
All great suggestions. I would a add a couple more:

1) If your home charging plans include a Tesla Wall Connector as your main method of daily charging, I recommend also having your electrician install a Nema 14-50 outlet near the Wall Connector. I started out with just a Wall Connector. After a few months, I had a problem with the unit and it had to be replaced. Tesla was great in sending me a brand new unit under warranty, but between the time the problem started and the new unit was installed by my electrician, about 4 weeks went by. During that month, I had to make due with 110 V and commercial charging stations. Now if my Wall Connector ever goes down, I have the 14-50 as a backup.

2) If you are the type of person who is concerned about your Tesla's paint, I recommend getting as much PPF installed as you can afford. The ultimate in protection is getting a whole-car PPF and a ceramic coating on top of the PPF. As UncertainTimes mentioned, getting both can cost as much as $10K. If that is above your budget, I recommend getting as much PPF as you can afford (my whole-car Xpel PPF cost $5K) and use a PPF-safe spray on sealant on top of the PPF instead of the ceramic coating. For example, a bottle of Turtle Wax Seal and Shine costs $9 or Xtreme Solutions PolySeal costs $17. Both need to be reapplied every 3-4 months, but you will save $$$ as compared to the cost of a ceramic coating.

Reactions: DwightKSchrute