Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help with Slacker

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Edit: This is done on the Touch Screen, not the PC

The only way I was able to access the "new" higher bandwidth checkbox was by logging the account off (scroll all the way down on the streaming screen), then logged back in with the credentials I got from Tesla when I asked to disable explicit content.
I actually went so far as to changing the email address and password on the account to something I can remember.

Also, I contacted Slacker directly, and they told me currently Tesla does not support premium accounts. Even you get your own account and upgrade it to premium, you are still getting the same basic function and quality in the Tesla. They also ask me I should contact Tesla directly and ask them, and hope they will eventually support it.

Can someone walk me through how to change the quality of the Slacker radio?

Any help would be much appreciated.
Yes. Email Tesla and give them your VIN. Tell them you would like the Slacker ID and password for your car.
[email protected]

Once you get it go online to Slacker.com login with those credentials and change the quality setting. The setting will sync to the car.

To my ears it sounds better after you change it. Let me know what you think.

Reactions: Lobstakilla
It's a placebo effect. It's been proven in another post. :) Someone was showing us how to get "better" quality with the account.
Yeah I read that post a couple of weeks ago but there were a lot of variables such as bandwidth and compression. It's possible it's a placebo but bumping up the Kbps to 320 sounds better to me. There's no downside to upping the quality so why not try it right?

I tried to log in with an account I set up and it will not work on the tesla. I just emailed service help for login info.

I would like to filter content as I can't seem to find a station that is safe to listen to with the kids in the car!

my advice is build up their vocabulary early. it's good for them. my kids (5 and 9) have heard it all, and know what can and can't be said at school.

besides, all the best music has swear words, anyway. My daughter prefers Minor Threat, but my son is partial to Against Me!. Don't let your kids grow up thinking sanitized pop drivel is their only option.

Also, I contacted Slacker directly, and they told me currently Tesla does not support premium accounts. Even you get your own account and upgrade it to premium, you are still getting the same basic function and quality in the Tesla. They also ask me I should contact Tesla directly and ask them, and hope they will eventually support it.
This is incorrect. I have a Premium account and log in with that in my car. What that allows me to do is create my own playlists on my tablet or phone and then access then in the car. There may be other benefits, but that was the main one I was looking for.

I tried to log in with an account I set up and it will not work on the tesla. I just emailed service help for login info.

I would like to filter content as I can't seem to find a station that is safe to listen to with the kids in the car!
I use my own Premium account with Slacker in my car. It may appear it isn't logging you in as the spinning circle never goes away, but if you scroll back up you may indeed be logged in.

Reactions: krazineurons
This is incorrect. I have a Premium account and log in with that in my car. What that allows me to do is create my own playlists on my tablet or phone and then access then in the car. There may be other benefits, but that was the main one I was looking for.

That is the point that the Slacker representative was telling me. "Tesla" does not support the premium features itself. Neither do the sound quality.

Tesla Corp does not, however if you have a Slacker Premium account and sign in with those credentials your Tesla CAR WILL support the premium features.

That's interesting. That's not what the Slacker representative told me. That's why she suggested me to contact Tesla directly and ask Tesla to start supporting the premium features. I told her that I don't mind paying for the upgrade.

Reactions: Macbest
That's interesting. That's not what the Slacker representative told me. That's why she suggested me to contact Tesla directly and ask Tesla to start supporting the premium features. I told her that I don't mind paying for the upgrade.

@wesley888 We have many "favorites" "playlists" "full albums" etc... set up through our premium account and when we are logged in in the Telsa they are all there and accessible. One thing I did, don't really know if it worked or not, was to log in to my premium account through the Tesla web browser and change the setting to highest, best quality, in the settings in the car browser. I can't really tell if it is using a higher bandwidth quality or not. All I CAN say is it is much better than radio and especially the satellite quality from my BMW sound