Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help with SolarCity Powerguide

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

gavine

Petrol Head turned EV Enthusiast
Apr 1, 2014
Philadelphia, PA
Can someone explain this?

solarcity powerguide.PNG

Why does the usage mirror the solar output? That doesn't seem right. Did they hook me up incorrectly for this? The solar feed from the inverter is connected right at my main breaker and not at my breaker box where the amp flow sensor is.

The Usage number would be incorrect too, right? The actual usage would be 3,675 minus 1,502 in my mind.

I purposely waited for an overcast day so it would look dramatic as the sun was intermittent.

I think that may just be a configuration error on their current-monitoring setup. I've got several eGauges spread across three boxes here at the farm and it took my about five million runs at configuring it before it was right. A lot of my graphs looked like this one along the way. Have you called the SolarCity folks yet? They can probably fix this in a jiffy. I'd be incredibly surprised if it was an actual problem with your system.

I have not called them yet. I wanted to make sure I wasn't crazy for thinking it wasn't right. I don't think there's a problem with the system. I just think the fact that they connected the feed from the inverter to the main breaker at the meter, instead of inside the panel could be the culprit.