Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help with Tesla trade in

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all, does anyone know how Tesla operates on collection when trading in a vehicle?

I'm trading in my wife's car (she's the current registered owner but same surname and address), and Tesla are offering £2K more than anywhere else so we're keen to complete the trade in with them.

She's a teacher and will be difficult to get her to the collection point (Thorpe Park) unless it's later in the day, though I understand from Tesla that they close at 5pm...

Has anyone traded in their car in a similar position? ie not being the registered owner, any issues?

We traded my wife's Fiesta, and although she was present at collection, she wasn't asked anything, or spoken to by any of the SC team. They gave me the paperwork to complete, which I took out to our (old) car for her to sign - but I could have signed it myself for all they knew.
This was in last year's pre-xmas Covid regs, where they didn't want too many people in the SC.