Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help with TeslaOffer Power Frunk Install (Facelift)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

2101Guy

Breaker of Ignore Buttons
Jan 6, 2020
USA
Anyone here have detailed experience installing the Tesla Offer Mark 3 (current version) product in their face lift S? I've reached out to their support but no reply yet but in short
- Doesnt appear the manual release wire is doing anyhing when I test. I pull the wire, it barely moves, and doesnt unlatch the latch after I manually latch it.
-No matter what, getting nothing from the struts. Yesterday during the install there was small movement from them/slight closing of the hood about 1/8 inch after pressing the button, but today, nothing. No noise from them, no movement, nothing. I have iniialized the unit after connecting to 12v (press and long hold the button on the unit until it beeps), but still, nothing other than the included latch release functions with each press.

Anyone encounter any of this?

The struts are dependent on each other, so if one doesnt work both wont work, and you’ll get that little travel its a safety feature so they move in unison..

Make sure the strut connections to the module are secure, and that the pin hasn’t been pulled back a little...

I can try to help you more if you need it just message me; tesla offer can also be reached on whatsapp..

• Informative
Reactions: 2101Guy
Anyone here have detailed experience installing the Tesla Offer Mark 3 (current version) product in their face lift S? I've reached out to their support but no reply yet but in short
- Doesnt appear the manual release wire is doing anyhing when I test. I pull the wire, it barely moves, and doesnt unlatch the latch after I manually latch it.
-No matter what, getting nothing from the struts. Yesterday during the install there was small movement from them/slight closing of the hood about 1/8 inch after pressing the button, but today, nothing. No noise from them, no movement, nothing. I have iniialized the unit after connecting to 12v (press and long hold the button on the unit until it beeps), but still, nothing other than the included latch release functions with each press.

Anyone encounter any of this?

I installed one Mark 3, albeit pre-facelift single latch version. I would double check your ground and make sure all connectors are actually plugged in. It sounds like the plug that connects to the latch mechanism isn't connected to the control module. And there's one connector that I couldn't figure out at first since everything else was connected but I realized it's for the small speaker that comes in a bag.

I mounted the control box with zip ties on driver side horizontal aluminum pipe near the brake fluid reservoir.

As for the manual release, I noticed that it did nothing when I pulled so I contacted the vendor. I was told it's normal that nothing happens because it only works when the motor fails. I'm still not 100% certain how it works since they said if 12v fails, you have to use the normal Tesla method to open it.

Good luck.

Thanks guys

I was able to get in touch with Raymond of Tesla Offer last night via Whats app. Was fixed in ten mins. The pins in the two wire connector going to the strut, were slightly bent downward and not actually making contact when the plug was connected to its mate. Exact same bent position on both struts. Quick bend upwards with a flathead and carefully and slowly inserting the plugs together again, fixed the issue.

When I first connected these plugs, I did not force or twist. (no real way to). Either they were bent from the factory or ever so slightly misaligned/not perfectly straight and when pushed into its mate connector, pens got moved. so not the best plug design for that part, is my opinion. But lesson learned for others in the future to simply be extra cautious when connecting the connectors.

And yes, he gave me the same explanation about the manual pull. I have to admit, the explanation given was a bit..shaky. But apparently if things go bad, you still use the stock emergency pulls and if those dont work, you pray and yank on the one from Tesla Offer

Last edited:
Thanks guys

I was able to get in touch with Raymond of Tesla Offer last night via Whats app. Was fixed in ten mins. The pins in the two wire connector going to the strut, were slightly bent downward and not actually making contact when the plug was connected to its mate. Exact same bent position on both struts. Quick bend upwards with a flathead and carefully and slowly inserting the plugs together again, fixed the issue.

When I first connected these plugs, I did not force or twist. (no real way to). Either they were bent from the factory or ever so slightly misaligned/not perfectly straight and when pushed into its mate connector, pens got moved. so not the best plug design for that part, is my opinion. But lesson learned for others in the future to simply be extra cautious when connecting the connectors.

And yes, he gave me the same explanation about the manual pull. I have to admit, the explanation given was a bit..shaky. But apparently if things go bad, you still use the stock emergency pulls and if those dont work, you pray and yank on the one from Tesla Offer

what is their whatsapp address?

I use +852 9093 3592 to reach Warren Chan from Tesla Offer
They have been very helpful and responsive. Enough to make me wonder how much sleep they actually get.

Last edited: