Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help with the Tire Pressure Sensors Please

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Like a few other people, I’m having a tire pressure issue now that the cooler weather is upon us. Left rear is down 5psi and I get a warning. I have an hour commute, so the pressures go back up, but not enough to turn off the warning. (I run my pressures at 42psi (hot) so the left rear is at 37psi.) I topped the left rear up last night using a digital gauge and this morning it was down exactly 5 again. Is it possible to have a slow leak that needs more than 35psi to force air out or could it be a sensor issue? Thoughts?

Like a few other people, I’m having a tire pressure issue now that the cooler weather is upon us. Left rear is down 5psi and I get a warning. I have an hour commute, so the pressures go back up, but not enough to turn off the warning. (I run my pressures at 42psi (hot) so the left rear is at 37psi.) I topped the left rear up last night using a digital gauge and this morning it was down exactly 5 again. Is it possible to have a slow leak that needs more than 35psi to force air out or could it be a sensor issue? Thoughts?
Try checking the tire pressure using a manual tire pressure checker. that would answer your question on if the sensor is the issue. If it isn't the sensor, it sounds like you have a small leak somewhere. You can take the tires off and check to see if there is a leak somewhere by spraying soap and water misture to see where the tire is bubbling or take it to a mechanic to get it check/repaired.