Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help with Ultra White Seat Stains

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My Model 3 has about 3k miles and I already have a stain on the driver’s seat. I went to up to the mountains for the weekend and somehow on the way home I managed to stain the seat. I tried everything from alcohol to magic eraser. I was able to get about 80%, but I can see it and really bothers me. Tesla Ranger could not get it off either with a 3M product. I am thinking on touching it up with a fresh dye. I found a company that claims to have a perfect dye match for the ultra white. It is called Colourlock. Wondering if someone already used it or have a suggestion.
https://www.colourlock.com

Also, rear seat is showing some wear or dye transfer from the seatbelt. Looks like the edge of the seatbelt is rubbing the seat. Tesla is looking into it. Service agrees that I should not be seeing that wear in a 4 month old car. I was told they were going to contact Engineering for an answer. Are you experiencing something similar with your Model 3?

I

Attachments

• E5A3DEC6-6BEE-486E-A86A-8C853AAEB8F2.jpeg
    E5A3DEC6-6BEE-486E-A86A-8C853AAEB8F2.jpeg
    338.5 KB · Views: 124
  • 7CC87EE5-E13C-4B33-8923-BBA56AB3AC84.png
    7CC87EE5-E13C-4B33-8923-BBA56AB3AC84.png
    974.6 KB · Views: 111
Seems like in the future a white towel to sit on might be needed.
If the ranger could not get the current stain out then I would try a detail shop in your area.
They might have a product that works better than alcohol that is the recommended solution.
The die would be my last choice. Be sure to test the die in an area that is hidden first.