Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help with used car pricing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm having a hard time determining if the asking price for a used MS is realistic or not. Edmunds, and KBB don't estimate used Tesla values. I did find a MS in the region that is appealing, but my gut tells me asking is a bit much. Cars.com did have Tesla as an option, but threw back an error on a 2016 model estimate.

70D 2016 model
5K miles
AP *NOT* enabled
Pano roof
Base black paint
Subzero package

A few aftermarket items such as tinted windows, custom rims (which I actually don't like), and clear bra. Asking $70K. Using the MS design page, the same car runs about $80K new. So that's $10K savings for 5,000 miles and a few months old.

Thoughts on the value? Its been listed for almost two weeks, so hasn't gotten immediately snapped up.

Well the issues is there's like exactly 4 CPOs on the web site. So it's hard to gauge any relevant depreciation trend. I'm also thinking CPOs well for more than private, since Tesla has to make some money on them. I've seen other comments that it seems private sale prices are inflated.

I have found the EV-CPO site to be somewhat out of date, and not show all the cars that are available to a Tesla sales staff. Being in the hunt at the moment too, my advice would be to make contact with a Tesla salesman or 'Owner Advisor' at your nearest dealership and work with them. The 'Owner Advisor' that I am working with seems to have access and details to a lot more cars than are listed on ev-cpo, and the prices seem as good as the private sale asking prices, so my current thinking why not buy a used one from Tesla and get a fresh 4 year warranty?

I have found the EV-CPO site to be somewhat out of date, and not show all the cars that are available to a Tesla sales staff. Being in the hunt at the moment too, my advice would be to make contact with a Tesla salesman or 'Owner Advisor' at your nearest dealership and work with them. The 'Owner Advisor' that I am working with seems to have access and details to a lot more cars than are listed on ev-cpo, and the prices seem as good as the private sale asking prices, so my current thinking why not buy a used one from Tesla and get a fresh 4 year warranty?

That is an excellent point...I did take a test drive in a new MS today. I like the owner advisor I have, so I'll reach out to him. Thanks!

I'm having a hard time determining if the asking price for a used MS is realistic or not. Edmunds, and KBB don't estimate used Tesla values. I did find a MS in the region that is appealing, but my gut tells me asking is a bit much. Cars.com did have Tesla as an option, but threw back an error on a 2016 model estimate.

70D 2016 model
5K miles
AP *NOT* enabled
Pano roof
Base black paint
Subzero package

A few aftermarket items such as tinted windows, custom rims (which I actually don't like), and clear bra. Asking $70K. Using the MS design page, the same car runs about $80K new. So that's $10K savings for 5,000 miles and a few months old.

Thoughts on the value? Its been listed for almost two weeks, so hasn't gotten immediately snapped up.
Does the new car price you quoted also get you $7,500 tax break?