Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help with walk-away lock

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi I just got a 2022 model x plaid last week and I can’t get the walk-away locks to work. I’ve re-installed all the keys, phone and Bluetooth, made sure NO other keys are inside, turned off exclude home location. Not sure what else to do. So far I’ve been locking manually on the app but my headlights stay on for 15 mins, mirror stay out and music and air keep pumping. Any advice? Thanks!

Toggled the setting in hopes that would reset it, and did do a full reset on phones and car. Also checked that the driver seat sensor isn’t on and it’s not. Thanks for asking, just set up a service, hopefully they can help.
You turned on the setting after you reset the car?

Iphone or android?

If the app is open on your phone screen and you walk away, does it work?

Upvote 0
Same situation here with our 2023 Model Y; configured the Walk Away Lock screen properly, but, "Exclude Home" still didn't work. The next day it worked fine.
'must have to communicate with headquarters or something to validate. So, be patient!

Upvote 0
Same situation here with our 2023 Model Y; configured the Walk Away Lock screen properly, but, "Exclude Home" still didn't work. The next day it worked fine.
'must have to communicate with headquarters or something to validate. So, be patient!
Mine has continued after having it serviced and them saying to wait for an update or two. Have updated and now realized the issue is my seat sensor isn’t working. So when I get out of the car, it thinks I’m still sitting there, just without my seat belt on. If I push hard on my seat and release the screen says “car off” and then when I walk away it locks and climate/radio/lights all turn off like it’s suppose to. They are coming next week to replace seat sensor. Maybe check if your seatbelt little red icon is still on even when you’re out of the car.

Upvote 0