Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HELP WITH what annual maintainence items to do?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

meomyo

Nov 30, 2017
colorado
which are most critical? We can pick and choose what to do and
1)hepa filter..220.00

2) brake fluid check 19.50

3)filter-particulate-2nd gen remove and replace?19.50+ 8.80 part.

4) reciever dryer and desiccant(add refirgerant part if needed)(remove and replace) 321.75 + 2.30 for cap(reciever and dryer) and $1.78 for desaccant bag/?

5) tire rotation-65.00
6) 4 wheel allignment-274.85
7)wiper blades -19.50 labor and 28$ x 2.
8)fob battery

We have no issues with tire wear unevenness...and air conditioner is freezing cold and strong...fob i can do..when needed...brake fluid check may be a good thing... rotaiom discount tires does free... and never use the bio setting so heppa may be ok...but what is #3 and 4 on the list?? any opinions? thanx

An alignment is useful after a while. I recently had mine done and, although the car went straight, there were adjustments required that might explain faster tire wear. Cost me ~110$CAD though, not 275$, you might want to bring your business elsewhere.

Checking brake oil is always good and it's cheap so why not do it. Change oil if water content is too high.

Change wipers when you start having bad vision when it rains, don't cheap on it, your safety's at stake. Just like brakes.

AC filters can wait until you get bad smells I would think...

Tire rotation is only required if the diameters front-back is different. Buy a 5$ tool to check thread depth yourself.

EDIT: My model 3 benefits from a yearly brake cleaning and lubricating as I live where it snows and we use salt on the roads. Brake pins jam otherwise. Maybe your car would also benefit in Colorado?

• Helpful
Reactions: David29

EDIT: My model 3 benefits from a yearly brake cleaning and lubricating as I live where it snows and we use salt on the roads. Brake pins jam otherwise. Maybe your car would also benefit in Colorado?
I second the recommendation to do the annual brake cleaning and lubrication, speaking from Mass. where we got enough snow and lots of road salt.

Reactions: GtiMart