Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help... wrong product on dash

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It seems I did not use the right product on my MX dash. I absentmindedly used Amorall Original Protectant, assuming this is good for general use. Now there is some pretty obvious "streaking" on the dash from it. I tried using a warm water cloth to fix the streaking after the fact - did not help. There is a possibility that this streaking from the AmorAll is just because I didn't use enough, but I'm not confident enough to reapply and potentially make it worse.

1. What is the right type of product to use on the MX dash?
2. Recommendations to fix this?

Attachments

• WIN_20171008_14_19_12_Pro.jpg
    WIN_20171008_14_19_12_Pro.jpg
    221.5 KB · Views: 111
Yeah, ArmorAll is bad news, I’ve always heard. I’d only use Griot’s Interior Cleaner or the like. Plastic or leather with ArmorAll is said to develop an addiction to it. :( . One of the Q and A’s on the site talks about sunscreen on leather, that seems like the Interior Cleaner may help remove the AA also.

Interior Cleaner - Griot's Garage

Another reason to not give detailers carte blanche with your car (I know it wasn’t the case here, but for others!). I had one use ArmorAll or something like on my mats on my BMW, and they were like ice for a year....