Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Helping out our petrol friends

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Although you do have to specify to your insurance if you take passengers on a motorcycle, I know of no such requirements for motor insurance. don't ask for money for it and I don't think you've done anything wrong, unless you know different?

Reactions: init6
If you take payment of any kind you're likely to be classified as driving for "hire & reward", which you definitely wouldn't be insured for on a regular Social, Domestic & Pleasure (+ Commuting) policy.

The chances of being caught doing that are perhaps remote, but stranger things have happened. Plenty of reports on Pepipoo about people doing their mates a favour transporting takeaways etc and getting done for no insurance because they don't have business cover.

Although you do have to specify to your insurance if you take passengers on a motorcycle, I know of no such requirements for motor insurance. don't ask for money for it and I don't think you've done anything wrong, unless you know different?

Insurance is based on risk.

So if your insurance company finds out you're ferrying around a car full of NHS Employees to work and back in rush hour...

Then have an accident with three of them plus the Hospital suing you for damages...

Hmmm....

Remember they're not your mates or family... and people will sue you at the drop of a hat 😁😁

Tell them not to be stupid might be a good start (perhaps more politely put as 'do you really need to fill up today?") I take the sentiment in what you're saying but there's been no gap in supply other than that self inflicted as the only reason there are queues is because people want a full petrol tank and not wait until they need it. Unfortunately because 1/4 of ICE drivers panicked and decided this, the rest felt they needed to as well.

If I knew a carer or someone that was struggling I'd help them, but the supermarkets could solve that one in a stroke by saying a couple of hours a day only health care/emergency service workers can fill up and stick someone on their forecourts to check just like they did with Covid and the dedicated shopping hours.