Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hendrick Luxury Collision Center (Charlotte, NC)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My memorable experience with Hendrick Luxury Collision Center (HLCC) started on May 26th, 2021, after an accident, resulting in the need of repair to the front left of my 2020 Tesla Model 3. Upon delivery, my vehicle sat patiently in the parking lot while insurance worked its magic. Through phenomenal miscommunication between the Hendrick Team and State Farm, my initial estimate and supplement estimate were finally received, and parts were ordered on June 12th. My communication thus far with Abby and Justin was steady, and I had high hopes from the impression I got from their team and family about this organization. This company told me that Tesla parts may take some time, given the pandemic and their reputation for part delays; Patiently, I waited for updates from Tesla and HLCC. Many of the parts came in within 5 days, and I was excited to say the least! It was around this time, that I was delightfully notified that the impact bar was on “back-order” and HLCC did not have an estimate when it would be there. However, I was told not to worry as this wouldn’t slow the progression of repairs, and my vehicle would be moving into paint preparation on June 24th.

Now we progress into the meat and potatoes – The memorable, fun, and exciting part of my experience that drove me to leave this lengthy review

Four days later (June 28th) I received another text message from HLCC acknowledging that my Tesla was moving into the paint department and that all parts had arrived; however, Tesla had supposedly sent them an incorrect part. HLCC thankfully assured me this too would not be an issue as they expedited the delivery, and my car should be ready by the following Friday, July 2nd. What could go wrong you ask? My vehicle entered the reassembly department on Wednesday June 30th (35 days and counting) as my palms began to sweat with excitement! It was at this time that my extravagant communication with HLCC plummeted to its demise. As my vehicle was being reassembled, I received a delayed unexpected email from Tesla with my “new parts order” from June 25th that included not one, but two parts (one from the “incorrect shipment” and a mysterious second order)– hmmm strange? I called several times throughout the week begging for an update; did something go wrong? Did my car mysteriously drive off the lot on autopilot in the dead of night? Was my Tesla abducted by aliens? No response. The next morning July 1st, I call again and was greeted by Abby informing me that the incorrect part came in, and they apologized for the delay asking me to please leave them a good review to Tesla as it is incredibly important to their organization. Understandably, I originally intended to, but wanted to get my vehicle back first. The next day I received yet another email from Tesla containing information for ANOTHER part that was not mentioned during our conversation the day before.

I called to get more information and clarification on what was going on, and upon asking several questions I was told the initial impact bar was NOT Tesla’s fault but the fault of their team ordering the wrong part and the mysterious second part was not ordered at all until June 25th. My excitement and thrill of leaving that good review only escalates from here! I was told that the most recent part was a malfunctioning bracket causing the front bumper to misalign. It was at this moment that I began communicating with the General Manager, Chad Freeman because I did not know what else HLCC has been hiding.

Fast forward, I get the vehicle back on July 8th (43 days) and am now hearing strange noises that I will have inspected by Tesla and have enormous buffing holograms on the hood that were not there previously which I will be contacting insurance about.

To add icing to this *sugar* cake, Hendrick Luxury Collision Center called me to inform me that they “accidentally” threw my front license plate away, good thing they said it’s never happened to anyone else!

I am one lucky man!